Xmas on the Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am meeting up with a bunch of hooligans and no good-nicks for some fun down on the island but I am getting in x-mas eve and the rest of the crew wont be coming in till the day after christmas.

So I am looking for suggestions of fun places to go, things to see, weird people to meet, ect... on christmas day.

Backup plan is to hit up the cougar or wendys and buy a round.

My experience is that there will not be as much going on as you think.
In the culture there, Epiphany is just as big if not bigger than Christmas.
Our experience is that the Epiphany is the celebration with the most focus.

Not sure where you are staying but in the last year or two, we've starting a practice of eating at home on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. We've been disappointed with the food quality and service (at normally good restaurants) which, if open, tend to offer set menus and dining times. One can certainly understand that they would far rather be with their families than serving customers.

Lobster is in season then, so we go an pick up some tails at the Fisherman's Co-op and cook them on our BBQ. Again, depending on where you're staying, maybe that's an option. If they have a BBQ that they will let customers use, it would be a way of getting to know others where you are staying!

Well, the very weirdest people won't be on the island this year. We have a house in New Hampshire and the wife and offspring decided they wanted a New England Christmas this year.

Otherwise, Cozumel is the place to be. As you probably already know, Mexicans are even nuttier about Christmas than Americans. It's obviously much more of a family holiday than a party one. I love to stroll around and look at the decorations and lights, watch the families gathering for huge dinners. We get together with friends, etc. There will certainly be things to do, but it's usually kind of a quiet day.

We arrive Christmas Eve. It was kind of slow last year. We'd love to meet up with another Phoenician!

Reactions: BB`
We won't be there this Xmas but will be there for the next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm usually always on island for Christmas. Well..At least past 4-5 years and random years before that. I'm arriving on island day after Christmas this year.

I would recommend making dinner reservations for Christmas or New Years otherwise you may have a hard time getting in somewhere. Agree with MM, if you can make your own dinner it might be a better option.

I am meeting up with a bunch of hooligans and no good-nicks for some fun down on the island but I am getting in x-mas eve and the rest of the crew wont be coming in till the day after christmas.
I'm usually always on island for Christmas. Well..At least past 4-5 years and random years before that. I'm arriving on island day after Christmas this year.
You are one of the "hooligans and no good-nicks" I am meeting. :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom