Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detachable, I haven't had the fitted rings done yet. Talk to DRIS as they have the fitted for 80mm and 90mm in stock, I'm sure they'll measure for you. The owner of Kubi UK is a nice guy, who's also called Peter, I'm sure he'll mail you back.

Anyone know if the the kubi dry gloves system will it on si tech pu rings which came fitted on my Whites fusion?

Have the si tech antares system but have lost confidence in it because of the leaks:( any help v gratefully received...

Good question.

I'm not 100% certain but as long as there is a seal (latex/silicone) installed in the SI Tec pu system (this is the quick seal change setup with oval rings right?) that you should be able to install the rings onto them.

There would be a lot of bulk around the wrists now and I have no idea if the oval rings would affect the kubi's or if the glove system would result in the seal popping out of the SI Tec rings.

Your gonna hate this answer, but you would be much better off ripping that system out and installing either new seals and putting on the kubi system onto it or having the new kubi rings that can be attached directly to the suit fitted.

Call up Mike from DRIS, he will take care of you!!

Regards

Steve

Try those - they solve most of your problems :)

[video=youtube;Orp4-Gmhgm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orp4-Gmhgm8[/video]

That looks very slick. In the video, anyway. But, I can't find anywhere that says how much they cost. I assume that means I can't afford them. But, if these had been announced before I bought my Kubi setup, I guess I'd check further into it.

Yeah, I think the operative word is they "look" slick. I don't know why exactly but it hasn't given me any buyers remorse having chosen Kubi. Interested to see impressions once people start using though, could turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread, those videos sure make it "look" easy. Yes, agree, being Santi I'm sure they cost a pretty penny.

Is there a reason you'd want rings that are significantly larger than your hand? I mean, if your hand can fit through your sleeve, then a ring that is just barely big enough for your hand seems like it would probably fit, too. Or are the tolerances just that close?

One has to get your hand through the ring and get the rings into the dry suit sleeve. Kubi provided zero guidance on the second topic. My old Viking rings are 5 mm smaller in diameter than the new Kubi rings which are still too big. These are "80 mm rings" on which the OD of the inner ring is 90 mm diameter. I have no idea what the 80 mm is supposed to represent. They look nice enough and are worth one more try.

One has to get your hand through the ring and get the rings into the dry suit sleeve. Kubi provided zero guidance on the second topic. My old Viking rings are 5 mm smaller in diameter than the new Kubi rings which are still too big. These are "80 mm rings" on which the OD of the inner ring is 90 mm diameter. I have no idea what the 80 mm is supposed to represent. They look nice enough and are worth one more try.

I got 80mm rings and they are 80 mm (or very close) on the inner diameter. The first set I received were very large. I measured them and they were almost exactly 100mm across the inner diameter. If you got rings that measure 90mm, then I'd guess they just sent you the wrong size rings, as they did me the first time.

Back
Top Bottom