Going to Florida in Nov. a few questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking a bit more about this it occurs to me that many keys ops see this board. The op put himself and his picture on this thread. Wonder how many ops and captains would even be willing to take the chance of allowing him on their boat now? Personally if I had a vessel his profile pic would be on the wall with a warning about letting him on my boat. Just an observation.

What strikes me is not so much that the guy smokes a little weed--surely that doesn't surprise laid-back Keys people--but rather the total lack of discretion in asking for advice on a public forum where to procure an illegal substance. If I were in a position of a dive operator, I might be more concerned about how the request reflects lack of the kind of good judgment every diver should have, than the underlying fact that the requester likes to smoke a little weed. Asked discreetly and somewhere other than a scuba forum, where safety is at the top of almost every discussion, I don't think the question would raise many eyebrows.

He is mostly likely a cop trying to bust some moron that will hook him up

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

He is mostly likely a cop trying to bust some moron that will hook him up

That's some "deep cover" effort, then. A join date of 2010 and 43 previous posts. All leading up to this sting operation :wink:

Mselenanous -- please pass his picture around at the local dive ops. Thank God I'm not a captain in the keys anymore. This guy is a recipe for disaster on several levels, the least of which could cost a captain his license and boat, and the greatest of which - someones life on a dive.

For the record, I don't care what you do on your own, and in the privacy of your own home, but start putting other's lives and other's professions/financial well-being at risk and you are a grade A arsehat.

That's some "deep cover" effort, then. A join date of 2010 and 43 previous posts. All leading up to this sting operation :wink:

For a likely misdemeanor, no less.

So I'm going to the Keys to dive from the 9th till the 11th. Got my place booked and I'm just in contact with a couple dive shops trying to figure out who to go with. So a few questions.. I want to get some ganja, how difficult will it be to get some herbs while I'm down there. And will I be able to hitch hike to or from the dive shop back to my hotel? will anyone pick up a poor Canadian? Also is there any spearfishing around Key Largo?

Obvious Troll.
Another reason each poster on Scuba Board should be either posting as a real person with confirmed identity...or if not this, then with a screen name that is tied to a real identity that Netdoc or other site admin, must confirm as a real identity.

The OP thinks he is being funny....that he will upset a bunch of SB regulars with this post...he is getting his jollies by all the reaction he has gotten.
If this was a real person, he'd be shut down, before he could have bothered anyone with then BS.

Maybe he should just stay in Canada and not put other people at risk of getting arrested or losing their jobs. And it's ok if he calls me Mom. Just don't call me to bail him out of jail.

I'm trying to delete this post, it was a mistake on my part. I shouldn't have made a joke like that, it's not my intention to harm anyone or put anyone in danger.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom