Thoughts on Bounce Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you refer to must have been in vogue long before what Bill, George, and I were using from 96 on.
That was NEVER part of anything I saw or heard of.
All I am saying, is since I did many hundreds of 250 to 300 foot dives, using George tables, with zero dcs, and requiring much less gas than current WKPP tables, I would not consider throwing out what works for me, for what might NOT work as well for my physiology. Bill Mee feels the same way.

i say do what works for you and wouldn't suggest changing it. and for short bottom times I think almost anything will work
but for large exposures guys aren't doing anything special these days beyond shifting some stop times around on intermediate stops. thinking has changed with regards to decompression since the 90s and it helps to have one of the leading researchers actively diving on the team

You and Bill Mee are the only two guys left that feel that way. Everyone else has moved on to profiles with lower risk.
My personal statistics mean more to me than a "population statistic" ...To me, doing what worked so well in my past, IS THE LOWEST RISK. ....In any event, I am NOT trying to lobby anyone to do what Bill and I do.
In fact, if it makes you feel better, I would be happy to stipulate that the tables Bill and I use, as experimental George tables, are potentially unsafe for most tech divers--even though we feel they are safe for us.
Better ? :)

can you send me a copy? i'd be curious to see how different they are

I think you would have to visit and dive with Bill and I for this to be possible.....I don't want to be passing this around digitally.
And I want to know and dive with anyone I would give this to.

I think you would have to visit and dive with Bill and I for this to be possible.....I don't want to be passing this around digitally.

Just curious why you brag about your tables on a public forum but then refuse to share them?

---------- Post added November 2nd, 2015 at 11:59 AM ----------

Just curious why you brag about your tables on a public forum but then refuse to share them?

Not bragging.
I made a post indicating that I don't like taking the risk of using tables created for a statistically average diver ( including the 25% with PFO's that should never have been included in the sample) ....I dont plan on believing that those tables will be as good for me as were George's tables....which I used for more tech dives than most on this board will ever get to make.

I don't "owe" you or anyone else on SB a look at these personal tables. Demanding them as you are now, shows me that you are NOT a person that deserves to see them.
Maybe when pigs grow wings. :)

KFC brags about their chicken but they wouldn't give out the formula because some dude on the internet demanded it. You can't bully someone into giving you stuff

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Not bragging.
I made a post indicating that I don't like taking the risk of using tables created for a statistically average diver ( including the 25% with PFO's that should never have been included in the sample) ....I dont plan on believing that those tables will be as good for me as were George's tables....which I used for more tech dives than most on this board will ever get to make.

I don't "owe" you or anyone else on SB a look at these personal tables. Demanding them as you are now, shows me that you are NOT a person that deserves to see them.
Maybe when pigs grow wings. :)

it sounds like tables for the statistically average diver would be LESS risky than yours. not more

it sounds like tables for the statistically average diver would be LESS risky than yours. not more
  1. They need to carry more gas, so they have more drag, have to work harder pulling this.
  2. They do deeper stops, ingassing more nitrogen during ascent, and have to do more deco from their deco.
  3. Longer decos means bigger problems if a buddy has an emergency.

---------- Post added November 2nd, 2015 at 06:15 PM ----------

This is off topic anyway.
If someone wants to discuss this with me, do the PM

Back
Top Bottom