WaterProof D1 Hybrid Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gearbow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
WP-D1_LG (1).jpg

D1 HYBRID DRYSUIT | Waterproof

Your Thoughts, My intended use : Cold water, extreme cold water ( Canadian winter lakes and perhaps Deco diving in Cenotes?

I am certified drysuit that has not done any drysuit diving other than certification.

Hands down my most favorite suit on the market. If you are doing extreme cold water you will need adequate undergarments. If its real cold you might consider the Waterproof D10 Neoprene Drysuit.

Very nice suit, I have two friends that own exactly this suit. Rather expensive, esp. compared to membrane suits but warm. Several friends have Waterproof neophrene suits that have been in use for 15 yrs; no one I know has an intact membrane suits that old. Neophrene vastly less often get leaks and has more warmth of its own. I have many friends that dive nephrene suits with vastly less pro undergarmets (and less undergarmets period) than those with membrane suits. If doing several dives or consecutive days of dives its harder to get the inside of a neophrene suit dry. I recommend drying as much as you can with a towel, esp. something like cheesecloth that really absorbs moisture well. Use insoles too, that will put a lot of the moisture into something that can be removed to dry.
For excellent warmth merino wool and Weezle Extreme plus are hard to beat.

My daughter uses a Waterproof crushed neophrene suit for nearly 0C dives with the weezle ex+ and for 28C dives with just longjohns and no gloves. Both combinations are quite comfortable.

Expensive but warm and good quality, the shop I work for deals them and most of the instructors dive them. I would probably switch to it from my Fusion if I had a lot of expendable cash.

My 7mm semidry wetsuit was very nice and wonderously warm. The bent-form limbs fit well, the suits have strong reinforcement for elbows, knees and seat and they look nice. I've seen the claim that Waterproof has more standard sizes of wetsuit than anyone else and I suspect it's true.

Hands down my most favorite suit on the market. If you are doing extreme cold water you will need adequate undergarments. If its real cold you might consider the Waterproof D10 Neoprene Drysuit.

I have a slightly used waterproof D1 drysuit I have one dive on it! It's beautiful indded and very warm.

I realize this may not be the right place to post but here goes : I find I have to use a lot of weight to get this puppy to sink. I have an apeks black Ice BCD so weight and bouyancy should not be an issue. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to help me from popping up because that is what happened @ 30' last night. The air was just not evacuating fast enough! I'm a good diver with 120 dives and at least 40 of those were done with my white's fusion one drysuit. Help please!

I have a slightly used waterproof D1 drysuit I have one dive on it! It's beautiful indded and very warm.

I realize this may not be the right place to post but here goes : I find I have to use a lot of weight to get this puppy to sink. I have an apeks black Ice BCD so weight and bouyancy should not be an issue. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to help me from popping up because that is what happened @ 30' last night. The air was just not evacuating fast enough! I'm a good diver with 120 dives and at least 40 of those were done with my white's fusion one drysuit. Help please!

Use the BCD for buoyancy-control, and only put enough gas in the suit to keep it comfortable (no squeeze, and warm enough)

Keep your suit exhaust all the way open, and make sure you dump air as you ascend, from both the suit and the BCD.

Thanks jlovold, man I already do all that which you mentioned. I dove the suit three times this past weekend and with proper weight the suit is just genius! Warm and comfy, easy to get in and out of, no problem with boutancy, one kick and I am gliding along! I love it! If there is one thing I will have to get used to it's that the exhaust valve is pointing too far toward my chest so I have to alter my position in the water to vent excess air, but like I said "I'll have to get used to it!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom