Is Honor's Legacy liveaboard still operating in the Maldives??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl1972

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, a few months ago, I booked the bf and I on the Honor's Legacy liveaboard for the first week and a half in Jan, 2016. I haven't thought about it much, as it's so far away and everything is good to go with deposits, airfare, etc... until October. Today, I went to look up something about the boat on M/Y Honors Legacy | Maldives Luxury Liveaboard Diving and it came up that the site was infected with malware. My boyfriend says that the site has been not functioning since early May. They used to be affilitated with Blue O Two but now there is no mention of the Honor's Legacy for any of their Maldive trips on their website.

Can anyone tell me anything? Is there a problem I need to know about? Something definitely doesn't seem right...:confused:

Contact Blue O 2 about this....they have moved one of their other boats to the Maldives. But i guess it depends on who you booked with...my husband says to look on the owners Facebook page....he says that he was on it today.

best fishes

Thank you so much for the quick response. I went to the Honor's Legacy Facebook page and they updated their cover photo in mid-June, but not much other activity. Who is the owner? Maybe you're referring to different page than the one I found.

I booked through Bluewater Dive Travel, but I recall my contact dealing with Blue O Two. I will definitely call them tomorrow, but was just trying to get some info now.

I'm going to the Maldives in the end of December and when I booked the trip this spring it was supposed to be on the Honor's Legacy. However, at some point in late spring it was changed to M/Y Blue Voyager (same company, Blue O Two). No reason was given, but I got the impression that Blue Voyager is a slightly better yacht (only 2-person cabins for example), so I'm not too disappointed. May be that you and your boyfriend are going to hop on that boat when I get off :)

I'm going to the Maldives in the end of December and when I booked the trip this spring it was supposed to be on the Honor's Legacy. However, at some point in late spring it was changed to M/Y Blue Voyager (same company, Blue O Two). No reason was given, but I got the impression that Blue Voyager is a slightly better yacht (only 2-person cabins for example), so I'm not too disappointed. May be that you and your boyfriend are going to hop on that boat when I get off :)

Thanks for the info. I emailed my travel agent and she responded right away. Apparently M/Y Blue Honors Legacy had been having operational issues (whatever that means) and Blue O Two didn’t want to risk having clients booked on the boat, and them needing to cancel trips because of issues. The downside is there’s no ocean view cabin, which is what we had booked. The upside is it saves me $800.

My agent said that the M/Y Blue Voyager was currently going through a "refit", and that she would send me pictures and more info once it was done. It makes me a little nervous to have this sprung on me, as I had done a lot of research on the boat & itinerary before making my decision to book with Honors Legacy. At this point, I guess if I want to go on a 10-night liveaboard to the Maldives over those specific dates, the decision has been made for me.

Depending on what type of operational issues they were having, I am hoping the change is for the best!
:) I bet you will be on the trip right before us!!

Not a bit surprised by any of this re honors legacy. We went on it early last year (2014) and it was not good. We did a 10 day trip supposedly to go as far south as we could….due to compressor problems (broken, couldn't get parts)….we didn't get that far south. The crew were not going the extra mile like they should have been. We ran out of food more than once.No snacks available during the day, no fruit juices after dives etc. We did have the ocean view cabin which was nice but they only changed the towels once in the 10 days, not kidding!…We were all so bitterly disappointed that we all complained and were given refunds and an apology. But for us, this was a once in a lifetime trip and it was ruined. We don't look back on it with great memories. The diving was excellent but everything above water was a shambles. so not surprised that they now use a different boat…just wondering tho is the dive master the same ? We found him and his gf a bit over the top…..you can pm for more details if you wish. happy diving.

We have been on Blue Voyager in the Red Sea and it was a beautiful boat a couple of years ago ...you will love it as it is now being given a big refit.

Have a wonderful trip and we will all look forward to the trip report ...hint hint !!

i spoke to b02 and they said they were receiving a lot of complaints about this lady (the vessel) so canned it. be interesting to know if the service, boat issues improve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom