Scubapro Mantis 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

Im new in scubaboard and diving and just going to buy my first diving computer.

I was wondering buyin the new Scubapro Mantis but just wondering if it got the same battery problem as the Meridian. I've read a lot of people sayin to have problems with Meridian.

Someone recommend buyin meridian or better yet someone know if Mantis got this problem fixed and its worth buyin? I know its a great computer but changing a battery twice a year is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, but is the same as Meridian (2 years or 300 dives, wich ever comes first) and I've read a lot of complains of people that had problems with Meridians battery.

I won't dive a lot as I'm a recreacional diver, but don't want to buy a dive computer and spend a lot of money on it because the battery always die.

Just wondering if I buy a Oceanic Geo 2.0 or Atom 3.0 intead. I was considering Mantis because I really like Scubapro stuff and the computer seens to have good functions and can be used as a normal watch.

Thanks!

Ricardo

I would strongly recommend buying the Scubapro Galileo Luna or Sol. They have been very reliable. Also, they have user changeable batteries.

We use the Sol in our training & rental. It has been a solid piece of gear. Moreover, they are easy to read & use.

I have a geo 2. Battery changes are easy and if you buy the batteries on Amazon or eBay the cost is inconsequential. I've changed the batts once. It's pretty good but the UI is clunky. If scuba pro can get that right then I'd be interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would strongly recommend buying the Scubapro Galileo Luna or Sol. They have been very reliable. Also, they have user changeable batteries.

We use the Sol in our training & rental. It has been a solid piece of gear. Moreover, they are easy to read & use.

Can only second this - my Sol has been going strong since I bought it. You can swap the batteries yourself, download your dives, and it's capable of covering pretty much any diving need I'm likely to have. Big first purchase for a rec diver though, so have a good think about how much use you'd get from it - the Sol is an awesome dive computer but a crappy wrist watch! :) Safe diving. A

Yes, but is the same as Meridian (2 years or 300 dives, wich ever comes first) and I've read a lot of complains of people that had problems with Meridians battery.

I won't dive a lot as I'm a recreacional diver, but don't want to buy a dive computer and spend a lot of money on it because the battery always die.

Just wondering if I buy a Oceanic Geo 2.0 or Atom 3.0 intead. I was considering Mantis because I really like Scubapro stuff and the computer seens to have good functions and can be used as a normal watch.

Thanks!

Ricardo

I dive an Oceanic VT3 and a Geo2. I've had them over 5 and 4 years respectfully. They have been very good on batteries and are a cinch to change, especially the Geo2

The Mantis offers features I do not care for or would want to pay for such as the "human factor diving" elements, the CCR mode, others. For the right person, these could be attractive features.

The Geo2 would cost you about $490 with a download cable. The Mantis would cost you about $697 with download cradle. The heart rate belt would cost you another $109.

Good luck on your computer purchase.

New all black Mantis out soon, looks pretty cool plus of course the optional strap to measure heart rate and body temperature.

I would hold off and wait for the Mantis II. I never buy a first generation anything. We'll know more after DEMA.

Back
Top Bottom