Dive Op Recommendation Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I m traveling with my family of 6 certified divers to Ambergris Caye this January/Feb for a week of Diving. We have been to Cozumel, Turks, Roatan, Bahamas, Bermuda etc... but first time to AC. I am looking for an excellent Dive Op. Most of us are ADV divers with lots of exp but we have 2 Teenager newly certified OW.
Any recommendations for a good, safe, dive op???

First, where are you staying on the island? Are you staying north of San Pedro, in San Pedro or south? Actually, if you tell me the name of your accommodations, I should be able to figure it out and from there be better able to make you some recommendations.

I'm sorry to have to say that Aqua Scuba/Aqua Dives won't be one of them.

We will be there at roughly the same time, staying at Coco Beach.

The local dive operators on Ambergris Caye are excellent. They have to be Belizian, tour guides, certified instructors/DM's - so most things go pretty smoothly. When I'm not sure who to book with and especially on Ambergris where almost everything is within 15 minutes walk along the beach - I meet with and talk to operators after arrival. I like Ambergris Divers as they are very relaxed and a great team for experienced and novice divers to work with.

How old is that picture of you Elbert?

:wink:

Mine's from 8+ years ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom