Sidemount Diving Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I knew the kindle edition was coming so soon! Oh well, proud owner of both paper and kindle edition now!

I got my paper copy last week (thanks, Rob!).

How do the images in the Kindle version look? That's always been my problem with Kindle versions of books with charts/figures/tables/pictures. The images are pretty much useless in the Kindle version of every book I've read (using my Android tablet - not an actual Kindle device). For that reason, I no longer will buy Kindle books that I expect to have anything but text.

I apologize. I had no idea how long it would take.

The kindle images work fine on the kindle app for iPad and iPhone - I can't compare with the book images because I haven't seen the paper copy yet. I have a copy waiting for me when I get home from my current trip. If you are looking at the images in a monotone kindle they loose a lot of detail but that is the limitation of the device not the book. Best Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my paper copy last week (thanks, Rob!).

How do the images in the Kindle version look? That's always been my problem with Kindle versions of books with charts/figures/tables/pictures. The images are pretty much useless in the Kindle version of every book I've read (using my Android tablet - not an actual Kindle device). For that reason, I no longer will buy Kindle books that I expect to have anything but text.

Like Phil said, the images look okay in the color Kindle version. I did have to screenshot some tables and images that Kindle wouldn't keep formatted in line and they turned out grainy but that is likely my lack of knowledge in how to produce better quality images. The big drawback to the Kindle version is that the images are not as large as in the book despite making them as large as possible. The Kindle conversion program keeps shrinking them down. And because of font changes on the Kindle I had to move the images from being inset with the relevant text to standing out in between paragraphs so aesthetically it doesn't look as nice and pushed the page count on Kindle to 192. I also had to remove page numbers from the table of contents and the photo credits since Kindle doesn't track pages for these books.

Hi, Rob.
Just wanted to follow-up, to see how close you are to getting enough orders for a shipment to us Canadians?

Mike D

Hi, Rob.
Just wanted to follow-up, to see how close you are to getting enough orders for a shipment to us Canadians?

Mike D

HI Mike,
The Canadian shipment was made. Anyone who ordered and paid should be receiving a signed copy this week (if Canadian post isn't too slow :wink: ). There are still a few copies available if there is anyone in Canada who would like a signed copy.

Thanks Rob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great Rob! Thanks.

However Canada Post is called snail mail for a reason , LOL!

best regards

Mike D

The signed book arrived in last nights mail.
Looking forward to reading it.
Thanks

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom