CoCo Beach has Arrived!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad that the circus has finally come to town. This sort of 'attraction' can't be good for the adjacent marine environment.

That shipped sailed some time ago... no pun intended.

ships.jpg

Stinapa is monitoring the whole thing and it was done with Stinapa's permission. I think what we really should be worried about is whether or not the changes to date are a prelude to further development of the areas adjacent to the beach in the form of another hotel and quasi-privatization of the new beach and limitation of access from locals to tourists. A bunch, even a lot, of swimmers and snorkelers near the shore do not worry me because I will be down below and on the reef, and generally not in the shallows near the surface. Nevertheless, I admit that the concentration of urea might go up a bit near the beach.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Same topic threads merged at OP request

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinapa is monitoring the whole thing and it was done with Stinapa's permission.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Same topic threads merged at OP request

That gives me great confidence

The fake beach has a 1 foot wall blocking it off from the natural beach. It's basically a place for people to lay out in sunshairs.

A bunch, even a lot, of swimmers and snorkelers near the shore do not worry me...Nevertheless, I admit that the concentration of urea might go up a bit near the beach.
You think?...lol

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I will be staying at Den Laman in late February and will report back, but would love to have an idea before we go if anyone's stayed there recently...

Is CoCo Beach plopped down at the Front Porch entry site? If so this sad news for the reef in that area and worse news for divers. Hope I a wrong.

Having been to GC many times over the past 40 years and BON only 4 in the past decade, most recently earlier this month I see no signs of BON becoming like GC. I am not putting down or promoting either. They are different islands altogether and both have their pluses and minuses and different offerings for the visiting diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom