Invasion 2016 Travel Details Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4 PDT#8 Members and [-]6 SB members[/-] a total of 9 Philippines Invaders are on the same flight out of LAX to Manila.

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2015 at 08:37 AM ----------

Hey I resemble that remark!
What happens if either of you two snore?

IF? :snicker: Aw, you love us!

My flights are booked direct on Philippine Airlines and I will still need to figure out my hotel situation for arrival one day early, that's ok though, will give me time to adjust to the time difference and get ready to dive... and seats are reserved with extra legroom (and not too close to the bathroom, although I had to sacrifice that and be a little closer to the back of the plane). If any of my Seattle peeps want to be on the same flight and sit nearby, check with me directly to find out about my seat assignment.

Vancouver, BC Canada to Manila PR0119 at 02:20 am on Thursday, June 16, 2016, arrive Friday, June 17, 2016 at 7:35 am (terminal 2)
Manila to Vancouver, BC Canada PR0118 at 3pm on Friday, July 1, 2016, arrive Friday, July 1, 2016 at 12 noon

I booked our flights on Delta - only one stop in Narita for a couple of hours - we get into Manila the evening of the 17 - so we will be at the Midas Friday night as well as July 1 coming back.
Minneapolis Delta 615, Narita 275 arrive 9:40pm leaving 7/2 Delta 276 9:30am - cost about $1370

Dennis question about the Midas hotel - room rates are $114 CDN (note there is a big difference between CDN and US dollar right now) for the entire room on Expedia.ca (cheaper still on some other lesser known sites, so I'd book with Expedia), and airport transfers are available (at a surcharge).

You mention that airport transfers are $36 (single) or $20 per person with two or more for airport to Midas.

So I'm wishing some clarification on what the $140 US per night that our group rate through the travel agency at this hotel includes.

Is $140 US per night per person or for the entire room (two people per room)? Makes sense to me that it would be for two people, divided by two at $70 US each and I guess this doesn't include the transfers? I thought I may have read somewhere that it was $140 US per person. Please confirm about actual pricing. Seems to me that we should be paying less by booking a block of rooms, not more. I look forward to hearing from you.

There is a group of 5 or 6 of us from the West Coast (Vancouver and Seattle) that will require check-in on Friday morning (a nap likely Friday during the day) and then an overnight stay on the Friday night before the Invasion starts and pick-up on the Saturday.

Note: edited ... originally I thought it was $120 US as the SB price for the Midas, but after reading thread I see it's $140 US so definitely looking to hearing on why the significant price difference. Thanks!

PPS: Expedia.ca price of $132 CDN includes breakfast (for two people), I think that the $140 US price said specifically it did not include breakfast?

Last edited:
Dennis has been working some very extreme long hours, so patience please. He will respond to your questions sometime over the weekend or at the latest Monday evening. He went over the details so I don't want to step in and give anyone the wrong info.

[FONT=&amp]HOTEL PRICE & TRANSFERS

Here is the answer I got on this issue from Atlantis when we were putting this deal together.
(see Below)
It is a 140.00 PER NIGHT for the hotel room NOT PER PERSON.
They are basically providing valet service which is why they only offer all or nothing service.
Which means you get both hotel and transfers from them or nothing.

As for group rates since we do not know how many will overnight, there is no way to make that happen.

Depending on which moment you go on the internet directly to their site you may find a cheaper price and occasionally higher. We frequently have guests do this and save a few bucks. If we are to provide the service of waiting outside the airport with each arriving guests, name on a sign and providing the transfer, we must book the hotel. They may also be able to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel for around $20 “if” they get a real taxi and “if” the driver takes them the most direct route. To me it’s well worth the few $$ to know that someone is waiting outside for me, that’s with Atlantis and stays with me until I’m checked in at the hotel. [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
So I think I have my flights pinned and we will be arriving Friday at 18:30. Will stay at the Midas, hope some other travelers would like to have some drinks :)

This is my plan, please let me know if you see any horrible mistake!

ZXe9nn1.jpg

---------- Post added November 30th, 2015 at 04:57 PM ----------

BTW, looking for information about manila airport, as we have a 7 hours wait between flights, I found this nice lounge at Terminal3: The Wings Manila | Your Uplifting Travel Experience

Just in case someone else may find it useful :crafty:

Last edited:
Hi, If we fly in 2 days early to manila and stay at midas will atlantis still meet us at airport and take us to the hotel? If not then we would need to get a taxi on our own, correct!!

Hi, If we fly in 2 days early to manila and stay at midas will atlantis still meet us at airport and take us to the hotel? If not then we would need to get a taxi on our own, correct!!

I'd like clarification on this also, as my buddy and I (NWGratefulDiver) will be arriving quite early also. So, for $140 US for the room and transfer (both included in that price and for 2 people), I would appreciate confirmation that it includes the following:

1. Pick-up at the airport on Friday morning at approximately 7:30 a.m. of both Bob and myself (driver with sign waiting at the designated date/time we have provided for our flight, i.e. they will keep an eye on our arrival and make any necessary changes if needed) - also, we won't have to wait around for OTHERS arriving from different flights, ie. we will be transported directly to the hotel (this is important as we will have been travelling all night after working all day the previous day and will want to get to the hotel for check-in and sleep);

2. Early check-in I suspect will need to be arranged on Friday morning for a stay until Saturday morning (if we book through SB here, I will want confirmation that this has been arranged);

3. Deliver us back to the airport on the Saturday morning to the designated meeting/waiting spot where we will be collected as a group to be transported to the Atlantis Resorts via their transportation. I suspect this may be a group transport thing from Midas to the airport and that is acceptable; and

4. Breakfast IS NOT included in that price??

Please confirm the above so I can make mine and Bob's hotel arrangements. Thanks!!!

Jody

Back
Top Bottom