Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could tell a story about two well known and very highly trained divers who shall remain nameless.

At the dive site and starting to gear up they spotted one of the iconic figures of current day diving nearby. As a matter of fact this person is pretty much hero worshiped by many. These two divers of course concerned about not looking like a muppets in front of this eminent personage.

All of a sudden two highly competent divers get so nervous about not looking bad in front of the other diver the things that normally are second nature One diver picks up... you know that most dangerous piece of dive gear:facepalm:... A HOOD! :fear: Said diver struggles to put the hood on. Manages to pull it on with difficulty and realizes breathing is becoming difficult.... and vision goes black. Said diver reaches up to give the offending piece of equipment a sideways tug to line up the opening... and discovers the hood is on BACKWARDS. In the mean time.. of course their buddy does the only thing possible. Pretends they don't know the other diver and just happens to be gearing up near them

I love Dave Barry...
Speaking of the inevitable, there comes a time in your SCUBA training when you leave the classroom and get into some actual water, usually in the form of a swimming pool. This was where I encountered my first major diving challenge, namely, putting on the wet suit. The wet suit does an excellent job of protecting you and keeping you warm even in cold water, but putting it on for the first time is like trying to get into a giant foundation garment that has been possessed by an evil spirit. You wind up lying idiotically on your back, legs in the air, tugging and straining at this malevolent piece of rubber, fearful that if you let go, it will leap to its invisible feet and start dancing around you, laughing silently and making invisible but unmistakable hand gestures.

Reactions: D_B
I got trapped in a wet suit while trying to remove the top and was running out of air. I hollered for help and a member of my dive team grabbed the top and gave a mighty tug and freed me. In the process he tore something important in his elbow and had to get it operated on. It was a workman's comp case and to read his description of the incident he should have gotten nominated for a Medal of Valor for saving my life...

:duck: well there do seem to be a lot of blowhards on the internet:idk: surely there is an ap to capture all that hot air. Maybe a microchip in our tanks would do the job. Remotely tune it in :)

:facepalm: why on earth :shocked: would you think :duck: I :fear:was talking :duck: about you :worship:? :flowers:

:crying: yeah rub THAT one in I'm on a forced dry spell. Doc says I may be able to dive in November or December

:crying: yeah rub THAT one in I'm on a forced dry spell. Doc says I may be able to dive in November or December

Brruuuhhhaaaahaaaa!
Revenge is sooooo sweet, or in this case wet! :D
I feel your pain!
Oh wait, you're flipped! You are just starting your season! O.K., I am truly sorry for you. :( I will pray that whatever is the problem will clear soon.
Be blessed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom