Invasion 2016 Travel Details Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cebo Airlines - carry on bag of 15 lbs and additional laptop bag, please clarify - I imagine the additional laptop bag is to be kept under 15 lbs also?

I am going to be keeping the TOTAL WEIGHT of all luggage under whatever I decide to go with (in paying for the additional lbs), however need to know for EACH specific bag the weight restrictions as well. If I can add some camera lenses to the "additional laptop bag", I will do so. Thanks!!

Does anyone know what kind of customs we would have to deal with going through Taiwan, Tokyo or Hong Kong? I have never had to transfer planes in a foreign country to get to a different foreign country.

It depends if you're going to leave the airport to overnight someplace, or just stay at the airport. Typically major airports like these will be set up so you can be "in transit" and can just change planes without actually entering the country.

Flights I am currently considering and suggesting for my Pacific Northwest crew are as follows (direct from Vancouver to Manila):

Philippine Airlines Flight PRO119 departs Thursday, June 16 at 2:20 am and lands on Friday, June 17, 2016 at 7:35 am (Friday day/night hotel required for Saturday pickup)

Philippine Airlines Flight PRO118 departs Friday, July 1 at 3pm and lands in Vancouver on Friday, July 1, 2016 (same day) at 12 noon (no hotel stay required on the way home)

Cebo Airlines - carry on bag of 15 lbs and additional laptop bag, please clarify - I imagine the additional laptop bag is to be kept under 15 lbs also?

I am going to be keeping the TOTAL WEIGHT of all luggage under whatever I decide to go with (in paying for the additional lbs), however need to know for EACH specific bag the weight restrictions as well. If I can add some camera lenses to the "additional laptop bag", I will do so. Thanks!!

Larry at Atlantis has sent me the following information to your question Jody and I am sure many other including myself were wondering. Larry has made the trip many times from the USA to both resorts.

How much can your laptop bag weigh?
[FONT=&quot]And you won’t find an answer on the internet.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
This is an issue with every group, especially photographers that “MUST” carry there camera gear. The only real answer is that it varies with the mood of the agent. I’m sure they don’t intend to allow an additional 15 pounds. I have taken my 6 pound laptop out of my hand carry, had my wife hold it while my bag was weighed and tagged then put it back in. I suspect they may be a bit more lenient with a group of 74 and with our agents being there handling the check in but you never know. Sorry to be so vague but that’s my experience.[/FONT]

Michael also posted this
[FONT=&quot]When you arrive in Manila, you could arrive at any of 3 terminals and you'll have to walk to the transfer area. It's a long walk so wear sneakers. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

No it’s not a walk, the terminals are miles apart. You will need a cab
[/FONT]
I will add that information to the first post

Ok so I think this means to not put additional items in the laptop bag... my laptop bag is pretty large so kind of wasted space. I guess I will seek out a smaller laptop bag that weighs less just for the laptop on this trip.

Really going to have to seek out some packing assistance from my local friends for this trip. New experiences for sure.

If we got the travel insurance when we signed up, that covers the flight too... doesn't it? It was so long ago...

If we got the travel insurance when we signed up, that covers the flight too... doesn't it? It was so long ago...

I have asked Maduro about this issue and will post their response when I get it.

ANSWER Received From Maduro

[FONT=&quot]As there was no air purchased at the time the Invasion participant bought the land package, that person would only have paid for insurance that covered the land. Our insurance will cover airfare whether purchased from Maduro or on their own. We would add the airfare cost to the land package and charge for the travel Insurance based on the cost range and credit any amount paid for insurance previously. All information on insurance and cost is on our website located at the bottom footer of www.MaduroDive.com and click Travel Payment/Insurance. We strongly recommend our customized travel trip insurance to protect participants investment. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Richard[/FONT]

Last edited:
Well with flights booked I guess the only thing left is to pack my bags!

Whoops I'm already out of space does anyone want to sub-lease part of their bags? I think I'm going to just take enough clothes for 1 day so I have more room for camera gear!

Whoops I'm already out of space does anyone want to sub-lease part of their bags?
Sure Mike, @ $1000 per square inch I could finally pay for this trip... I should open up an airline. Ticket prices are out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom