Hello from the desert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

77mmbass

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I was certified by SSI in 1990 but got out of the game for a while. When I wanted to get back into it I seemed to have lost my card so I went ahead and certified through PADI. It hadn't been diving in years so its nice to have a refresher.

I live in the desert about 2.5 hours from San Diego so I will be diving a lot with my girl who is a dive master. I am excited to get back in the water. It has been too long.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA....

Welcome to SB!

Hopefully you'll stick around the forums and join the discussion - always good to have a new voice here!

Ray

Finally did my open water dive in Mission Bay San Diego. My instructor asked when the last time I was in the water. I told him over a decade. He said he couldn't tell. I remembered and executed my skills with ease and precisely as they should be done.
He was happy to have a student that he didn't have to worry about. The class was 10 students.

My girlfriend was there as one of the rescue divers. It was nice to be in the water with her.
The certification was Saturday and Sunday. The water was 74 degrees.

Then this morning my girl and I went out when the rest of the class went home and dove along the rocks in the bay. It was raining, cloudy and a bit colder at 70 degrees. Most likely from.all the rain.. I didn't care. My mind was focused on seeing what I could and having fun with my girl.

A big orange Giribaldi.fish was flowing us along. Huge Lobster in the eel grass. Must have been 3 to 4 pounds. Lobster season is open but I didn't have a tag. Horn shark laying in the sand.
And my best viewing was an octopuss. He was cool. Just chilling out looking at us. Lit him up with a light and he moved around a bit but stayed under his rock. Very cool.
Lost of sardines, seabass and some small bright blue fish.
Didn't see any rays or skates which are usually plenty of
For a short shallow dive it proved to be great.

Next dive. Catalina island. Can't wait.!

One thing I need to work on is breathing. I like to take experience breathes even on land. So I focused on shallow slow breaths to save air. It worked good. But I have a way to go. Not sue why I take deep breaths. I am very calm and comfortable in the water.

Can't wait to get wet again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom