BSA 2017 Jamboree scuba staff needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmmeenehan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Staff sign up for the 2017 National BSA Jamboree just started today. We are going to need lots of help with the scuba activity. In 2013 we had over 12,000 Scouts go through a "Discover Scuba-like" experience. We especially need dive instructors but there are plenty of Scuba support positions available also. Being on scuba staff is the best job at the Jamboree!
Mike Meenehan

You might want to provide a bit more information: where, when, cost, how long, what the accomodations, meals, etc. are, ...

Went to the link...did not see anything mentioned about Scuba Diving this year...

This would be fun to do at least once...

I just did my first Scuba Diver merit badge as a counselor. We actually had a nice discussion of a possible Eagle Scout Project. We had a container ship run up on a reef. My suggestion was to establish a Reef Recovery Survellience Program. His project would be to develop the program (about 5-10 years of surveys) and the first two years of surveys.

The page:
Staff Volunteers - The Summit Bechtel Reserve
Has details about staffing. Including a link to a list of job descriptions.
We just had our first aquatics site survey last week. We are planning on handling considerably more than the 12,400 scouts that we introduced to scuba in 2013. We need your help. PM me for specific questions.
Mike Meenehan
2017 BSA Jamboree
Scuba Chairman

I had the opportunity to serve on Scuba Staff at the 2010 Jamboree. This was definitely the best job and the best staff at Ft AP Hill! We had some amazing experiences and very happy scouts. I am looking forward to applying to be on this staff for the 2017 Jamboree.

Julie

Julie,
Welcome to Scubaboard. We definitely need your help on Jamboree scuba staff. Staff registration is now open.
Mike Meenehan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom