Jerry Ligon--RIP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One story is that Jerry posted messages in "social media" pointing toward this outcome and those messages precipitated a search for him which led, too late, to the discovery at Oil Slick.

What are you saying, I dont quite understand>.............. can you tell us all more? What did Jerry say?

---------- Post added September 12th, 2015 at 08:12 AM ----------

It would be nice if they named a site in his honor. Perhaps Oil Slick where he passed. RIP Jerry.

Yes yes yes: Jerry's Leap!!!!!!!

It was a suicide........

Jim....

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.:shocked2:
That was not expected.

We never really know what demons lerk in ones mind... Do not judge ... He is at Peace..

Jim..

Here's an obituary for Jerry Ligon:

Ligon, Jerry C. | The Pueblo Chieftain

Ligon, Jerry C.

September 18, 2015 12:01AM Jerry C. Ligon, 72, died Sept. 9, 2015, on the island of Bonaire, N.A., where he was a world-renowned underwater naturalist and ornithologist. Jerry C. Ligon He was a former biology/physics teacher at South High and District 60 from 1968-1984. Survived by son, Chris of Pueblo; and daughter, Tara of Fountain. Graveside service, Sept. 28, Wewoka, Okla. In lieu of flowers, the family asks for donations to:

JERRY LIGON CELEBRATION OF LIFE by Michael Gaynor - GoFundMe.

Extremely sad to hear, my wife and I did "Dive with the Naturalist" with Jerry, perhaps the best half day of education I've ever spent. I've applied what I learned on every dive since and the dividends have been tremendous.

RIP Jerry

Dove( dived?) Bari reef a few times since I have been on island... couldnt help but think of Jerry and this may sound silly, but wondered if his fish friends are missing him too. RIP J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom