Looking for Oahu recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeclimbmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am traveling to Oahu for a work trip from the 14th to the 25th of September and want to do some diving while I am there. Wondering if anyone can make any recommendations for me. I am a fairly skilled diver, 150+ dives in the last 3 years, PADI OW and AOW certs along with Nitrox. I am bringing all of my own gear (less tank and weight). A co-worker that used to live on Oahu recommended Ocean Concepts, but I am finding some conflicting information about if they are still operating or not. I did find a place called AquaZone that seems to be alive and well with some interesting looking charters.If possible I would love to do some clear water wreck diving for a change. (Most of my diving has been in the

There are many operations. Aqua zone is alive and well, there is Aarons, Waikiki dive center, Patricks diving adventures. All will take you to wrecks. They all offer nitrox however if you are going on a charter with a shop they will normally have most people on the boat on air so you are stuck with their bottom time. There are many wrecks out here that are a blast to dive. It is a little murky right now because of recent storms, but hopefully that will pass soon we normally have excellent visibility.

also recommend KD and HDA, both very good ops with their own boats running small group trips to south side wrecks (Sea Tiger, YO/San Pedro). HDA offers nitrox. Ocean concepts has been out of business for a couple years.

kaimana hands down. I always dive there. See a thread below called "big shout out to Scotty". I left a detailed review there.

kaimana hands down. I always dive there. See a thread below called "big shout out to Scotty". I left a detailed review there.

I also have dived with Kaimana (Scotty) 3 different times. When you have a company with that level of consistent outstanding service and being just plain friendly folks, its real hard to look at the others.

They will pick you up, drop you off, work the schedule so you dive new sites every trip plus are friendly and safe.

Kaimana is a great group of guys. I did 6 days of diving with them and enjoyed every one of them. Had different captains, dive masters and enjoyed them all. Can't recommend them enough!

Dean

Call Scottitheduck at Kaimana Divers. But perhaps give him a day to cool down if Oregon loses to Michigan State tonight?

The Spartans are leading his Ducks 31-21 in the 4th? :D

(Gabe, see you in November, about 10 days before the USC-Oregon game at Eugene)

Back
Top Bottom