Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love my Zeagle Covert for travel. Weighs less than 4 pounds, is weight integrated, very packable,comfortable, and stable. I don't dive in cold water, but it has a 32# lift bladder.

If I were buying a travel BCD I'd go with a Halcyon Traveler Pro.

As Oscar Wilde said "My tastes are quite simple... I am easily satisfied with the best."

Husband and I have had the Aqualung Zuma for several years. It fits in our carry on luggage. We love the Zuma.

OP -- you, as have so many others, have asked the wrong question. You should be asking, what BCD will do what I want?

So, what do you want your BCD to do?

I have some pretty simple things I want my BCD to do:

A. Provide all the buoyancy I need;

B. SECURELY hold my tank; and

C. Have places to hang stuff.

For a travel BCD, I also want something that packs well.

BTW, a BP/W meets all my needs well.

What are your needs?

Reactions: RJP
If I were buying a travel BCD I'd go with a Halcyon Traveler Pro.
Do you reckon this thing could have made me a better diver quicker than jacket? I doubt it because I wouldn't have any money left to go diving.
Travel bc means more lead on my weight belt.
Nothing beat Al plate with small wing.

Do you reckon this thing could have made me a better diver quicker than jacket? I doubt it because I wouldn't have any money left to go diving.
Travel bc means more lead on my weight belt.
Nothing beat Al plate with small wing.

Al plate = less stuff I can pack or excess baggage fees. We are constantly bumping up against the 50lb limit even with a bag that's only 8.3lbs.

Back
Top Bottom