Great White Sharks. Australia vs Guadelupe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Actually, I already have dived with them (in cages, admittedly), in South Africa, but on half-day trips, and in poor viz. It's fun.

So much fun, in fact, that I have an urge to seek them out in clearer waters, so here's my question: -

Does anyone out there have experience of BOTH Isla de Guadelupe AND Neptune Islands (Rodney Fox Expeditions). I know it's a fairly long shot, but where else would I ask?

Any advice appreciated.

We just returned from Guadalupe Island on Sunday. We had up to 6 sharks at a time circling the three submersible cages. One male was 16.5 feet in length. We were on the Nautilus Belle Aimee. I would highly recommend this boat and crew. We had access to either a submersible cage or surface cage all day from 7 am until 6:30 pm.

---------- Post added September 3rd, 2015 at 07:11 AM ----------

I forgot to add. Visibility was 100+ feet.

Thanks, Julie. You're describing exactly what I'd heard elsewhere, and it sounds incredible!

Thing is that I'm Asia-based, and Aussie makes travel (and financial) sense, so I'm hoping to get a feel for whether the Aussie option matches up to the Guadelupe experience. If it doesn't, it's hey-ho for Guadelupe!

Have dived in Neptune Islands on Rodney fox 3 day trip. Awesome trip. 18 unique sharks over the 3 days. Bottom and surface cage diving. Don't think you would be disappointed with either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Gareth. Any more stories out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom