Wanted: 1st time underwater photography rig. Sealife DC1400 or similar.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikelleen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a first time underwater photography / video rig.

Thinking about a Sealife DC1400 with flashes or similar.

Want to keep price to $500.00 or less. Might go more for a DLSR housing / camera package but not over $1000.

Looking into underwater photography / video mainly for taking pictures of the family, fun shots, basic wildlife shots.

Thanks

I have a dc1200 with dual sealife strobes and a sealife video light all on a custom tray. Was thinking to upgrade and sell this rig. I've never had any leaks and it's almost neutrally buoyant in water. Oh yeah I also have the wide angle wet lens. Can send you some pictures if you are interested? My photos here and on Facebook were all taken with this camera. Mostly with one strobe as I recently added the second strobe.

Number1.jpgNumber2.jpgNumber3.jpg

I started with a Nikon Coolpix (took it too deep in Bonaire), upgraded to a GoPro (but don't have the hours to go thru all the footage), and then to the point-and-shoot Canon Powershot ELPH 170. This is a 20MP camera, with an Ikelite housing and red-filter. Love this little set up, but, I'm taking the plunge into a Sony A6000 set up and need to finance it, so I'm selling this little set up for $550. Includes the camera, housing, wateright box I made to house camera/2 batteries/card reader (all included). I still have all origonal packaging....used for a week in the FL Keys, and in new condition. Message me if interested.....--AJN

I am looking for a first time underwater photography / video rig.

Thinking about a Sealife DC1400 with flashes or similar.

Want to keep price to $500.00 or less. Might go more for a DLSR housing / camera package but not over $1000.

Looking into underwater photography / video mainly for taking pictures of the family, fun shots, basic wildlife shots.

Thanks

I have an Olympus E-PL3 mirrorless camera with the "kit" 14-42mm II lens, and the Olympus PT-EP05L housing and standard port for the 14-42 lens. The housing and port include the zoom ring for the 14-42mm lens, as well as the blackout ring that attaches to the lens to prevent light creeping through. The PT-EP05L housing is unusual among in that it also includes a built in macro LED ring that greatly aids in focusing in macro without a focus light. The camera shoots in raw mode, and the lens is a fantastic all around lens.

I may have an option for the strobe that might work. I have a flash, arm and tray from a Sealife DC800 Pro. It is optically triggered, and should work with the Olympus. I think that would work with the Olympus but I would need to test it; if you are interested I will test it tonight. The flash is old so that is really as is (except I will test to make sure it fires with the Olympus), but the rest of the package has been my main uw rig for 3 years and it works perfectly.

I would sell the whole package (camera, lens, housing, standard port with macro LED ring, and the Sealife flash/arm/tray) for $500 (firm). If interested, PM me. I plan to put it on ebay next week.

So I picked up an Intova Nova HD to play with. While a nice underwater video camera that appears to be better than a GoPro, it does not take great pictures.

So I am thinking I made a mistake and am going to sell the Intova.

Basically at this point I'd like to spend 300 max if possible for a camera - housing - flash combo and am hoping I can get a 10mp camera or better.

I am in correspondence with some of the offers above. Thank you.

I am aware that asking for a sub $300 combo is a big ask. However that's the budget for now. In a couple of months or around Christmas I'll be able to spend around $500

Thanks guys!

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 09:28 AM ----------

Thanks for all the replies. After further thought I am going to put this purchase on hold until I can afford a decent package in a few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom