Boca area dive buddy/dive group wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michaelszippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I'm writing a personal ad.

I've temporarily relocated to Delray to help my parents with some health transitions. I'm taking advantage of the diving while I'm here, mostly with South Florida Dive Center to date. The quality of my instabuddies has varied widely, a couple have been pretty good, balanced by two who didn't seem to understand the concept of a dive buddy. I have about 50 dives, nitrox certified and would like to find some folks who are diving regularly if possible. Wrecks and reefs mostly, wouldn't mind some bug hunting although the licenses are a pain for me as I'm out of state. I'm diving weekly at this point.

Is there a find-a-buddy forum somewhere?

TIA,

Mike

I had a pal that was supposed to join a regular group of us next weekend (Labor Day weekend) on our regular "Six-Pack" from Pompano.
He unexpectedly cannot make it down from up north over Labor Day weekend.
We are reef diving and bug hunting.
Drop me a PM if you are interested in joining us for Saturday, or Monday, or both, and we can talk about the particulars of what we have planned.
We are a very friendly politically incorrect group and are highly experienced.

Chug
likes six packs.

I don't know if there is a club right in Boca, but there are several nearby (call Force-E to see if there are clubs they recommend in Boca). To the north, is Jupiter Drift Divers and to the south in Laderdale by the Sea is Gold Coast Scuba's Meetup.com group. Gold Coast's group is very active.

Chug.. need I drop you a PM also? :D

signed,
needs to dive..

I'll dive with you. Send me a PM.

Meetup.com is a good place to find groups. :)

we are a little up the coast from you but we dive Jupiter and Palm Beach and Blue Heron Bridge all the time! We have members from Jacksonville to the Keys! check out Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook. some great people and some great diving. And you are welcome to join me on any of our upcoming dives!
also visit World of Scuba down in Boca. Bob and Sean will take care of you (tell 'em Paul from Vero Beach sent ya!).

Don't make this too difficult. Dive with Tony on Diversity on the south-of-Boca side of Federal at Marina One and you can audition all sorts of Boca-type divers. If you prove your mettle, maybe one day you can aspire to dive with DiverAmy.

Not finding your kind of dive buddies?

If you are in Delray Beach, you should be hitting all the reefs from Pompano to Boynton Beach (as a start).
There is an endless selection of dive boats around here, and more potential dive buddies than you can throw a pony at.

Is there a find-a-buddy forum somewhere?

As you drive around, every time you see a dive flag, stop in the shop and tell them what kind of diving you want to do, when, and where, and ask them if they'll suggest someone competent.

Or take the S.D.I. solo diver course and be done with it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom