Easy Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skos

New
Reaction score
I'm going to Florida sometime in October, and want to go on an easy shore dive with high visibility. Before anyone asks where/when---I like to wing it, so I have no plans yet and am completely open. What part of Florida should I be looking at?

I'm certified, but have only been diving a couple of times in the last few years. I'm going with my fiance, who is also certified, but much less experienced, so we'll probably go with a dive master/instructor.

the easy answer is south east Florida.....

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 10:57 AM ----------

just kidding...try Lauderdale by the sea (LBTS) or the meet up group called gold coast scuba...or force_e pompano for details.

Definitely Broward County...beach diving of Lauderdale by the Sea or Dania Beach/John Lloyd Park...

Search for the meetups at Gold Coast Scuba...lots of folks meet up for the weekend morning dives...

Cheers.

-J.

I agree that Broward county will offer the most variety of shore dive locations. But one of the easiest shore dives is in West Palm Beach: its called Blue Heron Bridge. As long as you hit the slack tide, it is a wonderful dive. See the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls for info along with the link I posted below. If you're in FL long enough, you can do some diving in LBTS or Dania Beach and then shoot up to WPB one day and dive the bridge.

I've been researching diving in Panama City Beach recently since my kid goes to school in AL and I thought it'd make a very nice stop-off for diving. Apparently, St Andrews Jetties is really nice to dive, but like BHB, it is tide dependent. Here's some general info on shore dives.....

Blue Heron Bridge
https://www.force-e.com/dive-sites/lauderdale-by-the-sea-shore-dive/
Our Diving | Dive Locker - Panama City Beach Florida Dive Store
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Florida, USA East
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/513442-palm-bay-beach-lauderdale-sea.html

Last edited:
contact Scuba Jenny she guided us on one of the most laid back easy shore dives you could ever want. just up from Lauderdale by the sea all of a 25 yrd walk from truck to water 50 yrd or less swim. 80 min of bottom time on a tank. She knows the area. Thanks Jenny

you're welcome. And humbly thank you for the kind words.

yes, Broward County, or Blue Heron bridge.

I haven't been there in a long time, but since you haven't dived in awhile, if you are looking for a REALLY EASY shore dive then Cannon Beach in Pennekamp Park on Key Largo might be of interest.

It's a little lagoon and a nice place to check out your equipment and get comfortable again at breathing underwater. Of course there is much more great diving in the Keys, but mostly boat diving.

And I've heard of another REALLY EASY Florida shore dive, I've never been but the Epcot dive at Disneyworld is supposed to be a lot of fun!

I'm just making these suggestions as opportunities to help you get back into it. Have fun wherever you go!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom