erdpml issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the battery out work all the buttons... sounds like one is stuck. The buttons on calculators and such are part of a single rubber piece which can sometimes get pinched between the circuit board and the plastic body of the unit itself. The circuit board part of the button stays depressed while the rubber part of the button appears NOT to be depressed. The unit "thinks" that you're pressing a button, so no other button will do anything.

Over the years we've seen some units that are darn finicky about battery placement/contact in the battery compartment. Sometimes you can get it going then jostle it and it stops working. Frustrating to be sure. My personal unit I got 4 years ago has been solid but I've had to lend it to multiple students whos units did not work at the time.

Non electronic, similar problem...

i was was writing my IDC Final Exam with a provided "PADI wheel". I couldn't get an answer that matched the multiple choices provided on the answer sheet. The "alignment dots" all lined-up and showed that it was a "good" (properly printed) Wheel.

The proctor at first rejected my questioning the issue, and I asked him to use that same Wheel and see what he got for an answer. He did, then looked up and said, "put down choice "C", as he pitched it in the garbage.

Arguably they all should have been in the garbage many years ago.

well I've tried 4 different batteries, all ones that work in other things just fine, left the battery out over night. wiggled the battery.. pressed all the buttons multiple times. blown it out with a compressed air computer cleaner.

and.......

still doesn't work...
i think i got a bad one.. oh well. off to the big city i go.

Save the drive..... Smart phone/tablet + ERDPml touch
$20.00 can. and now its as handy as your phone.

Yep. That's what I did yesterday. But I guess it wouldn't be allowed for idc exams and stuff.

Why would it not be allowed for exams? You can - I believe - even use the computer simulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom