TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful, wonderful human being.

Well after a few days of being in total disbelief and not being able to find words, I'm just going to borrow these. What a wonderful, wonderful human being she was. You just knew that she sought out young divers and kind of gently nudged them in the right direction. I hope I don't sound silly, but it's as if Scubaboard was full of little ducklings and Lynne was the mama duck who tended to as many as she could possibly tend to. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I'll miss her every time I visit this site.

I‘m saddened to hear this devastating news, and can only say how much I wish for it not to be true.

Unreal. In my four years on this board, Lynne has always shown herself to be the most generous, kind, and thoughtful person. I‘m sure she exhibited just as much care and grace in all aspects of her life as she did in diving and this community.

Bless her. I‘m sorry for your loss.

Yet another poster who never met her, but I usually found her posts helpful and informative, and I'm very sorry to hear the news. I know none of us is immune, but if I made a list of just a few posters I wouldn't expect this to happen to based on reading their posts she'd be on the list.

No doubt that we're going to miss her terribly and though she's not with us physically, I know she's with us in spirit...always!

Shocked, mouth open for minutes shocked. And "shocked" doesn't begin to capture it. Completely stunned to see "TSandM" in the Passings section.

Never met her but I respected her every post. Pages and pages of lives she touched. It's difficult to express what a tribute that is to her life, and we only know a tiny part of it.

I'm familiar with the finality of death. No matter how much you want to see them again, they are just gone. Words mean nothing. Everything means nothing. I know the pain you feel Pete. Latch on to the good memories.

This is another warning to us all: hug the ones you love, very tightly. Nothing can replace them and once gone, they are gone forever. That's very hard to reconcile.

Peter,

i am am so sorry for your loss. Although never meeting yourself or Lynne I have always enjoyed her posts and enthusiasm. We have lost another great person who has touched all of us the community. Think of you in this very hard time.

Peter, first of all, I want you to know how deeply heartfelt our sorrow is.
I cannot express in words the loss that this board and the diving community that knew Lynne (TSandM) feels.
If her loss to us all is a even a dim reflection of your personal loss, (and it has brought me to tears even though we have never met personally,) I cannot even fathom the loss you must be experiencing.
Lynne allowed us to watch her grow from a beginner struggling with basic skills as clearing a mask to one of the most competent and compassionate divers on the planet.
I don't know how many times I have watch Lynne "come to the rescue" of a diver on the board who was being bullied. She has done this for me!
She will be missed - greatly.
I feel that part of our soul has been ripped from our heart.
It is so inadequate, but we are so sorry for your loss.

Michael Smith
Estonia

There are no words I can say that will make any of this better. :-(

Beyond this shore...
And the farther shore...
Beyond the beyond...
Where there is no beginning and no end...
Without fear... Go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: D_B
I never had the honor of meeting Lynne, only reading 1000's of her post. It is rare to find people who have such a positive influence on so many people they have never met. I will always treasure her good advice and kind, patient demeanor towards those learning to dive.

I've been reading this and feel so sad for her/her partner and of course the people who met her. Though I never met her, living on another continent, she was always part of discussions and was always able to say things so elaborately. I'm at a loss for words.
My heart felt condolences for Peter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom