TSandM: Missing Diver in Clallam County, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please check the passings thread if your condolences only post no longer appears here. The initial condolences posts needed to be left intact for thread integrity but anything more recent has been moved there.

I didn't know Lynne, but I'm sad to hear she is lost. I'd like to hold some hope, but it's unlikely.
I won't speculate now on the cause of the initial incident ( separation). By all accounts, she was a meticulous, careful, and intelligent diver. I haven't read the entire thread, so I hope this isn't redundant. I think the tech diver credo may apply here. Even if you do everything right, you can still die.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic post and link removed. Please observe special rules. Posts and links here must focus on analysis or information specific to this incident

It would be difficult and dangerous at this point. There was about a 3 or 4-day window for diving this site, and it's closed until around the third week in September at this point ... and even then only if the wind and weather cooperate. They really did hit it under conditions that are about as ideal as it gets ... which is, I'm sure, why they went there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It would be difficult and dangerous at this point. There was about a 3 or 4-day window for diving this site, and it's closed until around the third week in September at this point ... and even then only if the wind and weather cooperate. They really did hit it under conditions that are about as ideal as it gets ... which is, I'm sure, why they went there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob for the info......just curious here(not being from that area)---have any other (diving)deaths happened(???recently) due to conditions???.....tia......

Thanks Bob for the info......just curious here(not being from that area)---have any other (diving)deaths happened(???recently) due to conditions???.....tia......

Six weeks ago a disappearance eerily similar to this one occurred at Race Rocks, several miles east of where this one happened. Ironically, they found that young man's body just a couple days ago.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I understand that it would be difficult now, but I was actually asking about that day. Since it was particularly flat and there were other divers on the boat. My gut reaction would be, let's go find her!!

My guess is that in this kind of situation the greatest help would be as an extra set of eyes scanning the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom