NEW Stealth TEC Sidemount BCD by xDeep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So then product code BS-012-3 refers to which of those pockets? I saw a European dealer's site 4 size options, including small, medium, XL, and "W", with the capacities of 2x1.5kg, 4x1.5kg, 8x1.5kg and 4x2.5kg respectively. I asked about this on the stealth facebook page, and Piotr Czernik provided me with that product code when I asked about it there, and said that code would let any dealer order that part. When I asked for follow up info and pics, though, I didn't get a response. Maybe these aren't stateside yet? I thought maybe it was something new being released with the new wings, but I haven't seen info about it anywhere else.

That said, I'd REALLY like to see some pics of the pocket options you do carry next to each other, especially with some weights in them. I am having a hard time picturing how these work with soft weights, given the pics I have seen so far. I just wish I could get my hands on one of these to try it out first.

So then product code BS-012-3 refers to which of those pockets? I saw a European dealer's site 4 size options, including small, medium, XL, and "W", with the capacities of 2x1.5kg, 4x1.5kg, 8x1.5kg and 4x2.5kg respectively. I asked about this on the stealth facebook page, and Piotr Czernik provided me with that product code when I asked about it there, and said that code would let any dealer order that part. When I asked for follow up info and pics, though, I didn't get a response. Maybe these aren't stateside yet? I thought maybe it was something new being released with the new wings, but I haven't seen info about it anywhere else.

That said, I'd REALLY like to see some pics of the pocket options you do carry next to each other, especially with some weights in them. I am having a hard time picturing how these work with soft weights, given the pics I have seen so far. I just wish I could get my hands on one of these to try it out first.

Here is a picture I have just made for your visual reference:
From the top:

1. short - small (2 compartments) can fit 2 x 1.5 kg / 7 lbs
2. standard - medium (4 compartments) can fit 4 x 1.5 kg / 14 lbs
3. standard length (4 compartments) but 33% higher in profile - which is called "double" that can fit up to 8 x 1.5 kg / 27 lbs

Now, like I have mentioned, the capacity is copied from xDeep website but here is what I have managed (comfortably) to fit in.
1. short - 2 x 7 lbs (5lbs hard plus 2lbs soft into each compartment) max
2. standard - 4 x 7 lbs (5lbs hard plus 2lbs soft into each compartment) max
3. double - 4 x 10 lbs ( 2 x 5lbs of hard weight in to every compartment) max

Hope that help.
TDG

20150827_205917.jpg20150827_205835.jpg

That side pic of the pockets stuffed was helpful! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom