TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is so inconceivable that Lynne.. careful competent Lynne is gone. Like so many others I'm stunned at the loss.. but it is Peter that my heart goes out to right now. I can't imagine the depth of numbness, I can only hurt for him.. and pray for him. It would be wonderful to hear that Lynne had been found alive and hitched a ride on a fishing boat.. but that probably isn't a realistic hope.

I hardly am at SB nowadays but this hit me. Peter, my thoughts and hopes are with you and family. I still hope she is somewhere there and they will find her. I am really at loss. I considered her a friend that I've never met but hoped to meet soon.

I am numb...

i have no words, nothing seems appropriate...

i feel gutted and helpless...

Lynne you are my friend and I will miss you terribly...

too choked up to type.

I haven't been on the board for ages, but I still remember Lynne's amazing patience and kindness.

Like many others, I was hoping to hear today she was fine and at home.

I can't even imagine how Peter feels.

What a terrible loss. My heart goes out to her whole family. She was always so very helpful, cheerful, knowledgable and fun to hear from on any subject. Wishing you all strength for the days ahead.

Peter,
You and Lynne have been inspirational to me for the last 11 years. You have both positively influenced a generation of divers, both here and well beyond the Internet.
Please find some strength and peace in the knowledge that you both have our tremendous support, admiration and respect.

I'm hoping beyond hope that Lynne's competence, intelligence and training have kept her afloat, and that she is picked up immediately.

Last edited:
Lynne and Peter took my wife and I under their wing when we were just learning to dive. My wife was struggling to the point of giving up diving when Lynne reached out to her and offered to go on a dive with us and give us some pointers. That dive with Lynne and Peter turned our diving career around and was absolutely responsible for making us the divers we are today. Lynne was one of the most professional divers I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Kind, sweet and gracious.

Those of us that dive with our wives and family members know of the conscious struggle between sharing what we love with them and realizing the risk and consequences of doing so. It is overcome by the passion that we all share and the times that we have gotten to enjoy together... pursuing that passion.

Peter, you have my deepest sympathies. God be with you, and with sweet Lynne. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Cory Rose-

I can only offer my humble condolences to Lynn's husband, her family and friends. I make very few posts here on SB and only read posts that I think I can learn something from. I guess that maybe why I often read her posts. They always seemed very knowledgeable and in good spirit. Because of that when my wife and I started are plans to relocate to the Seattle area this year I sent Lynn a private message about diving with her and Peter when we finally got settled in. I logged in today to send her a message that our dry suits had finally arrived. I was so looking forward to meeting her and Peter and getting acquainted. I feel sick thinking about how my disappointment feels compared to her family's sorrow and grief they must be struggling with right now. Please find some relief knowing that she touched people's lives in a very positive way that she had never even met.
God speed!!

I've always learned so much from Lynne's posts on SB. She was never snarky, mean-spirited, disrespectful, or disengaging. Her humble spirit and sage advice was always appreciated and will be sorely missed. I'm praying for a positive outcome to her dive that she will be found alive and her story can be moved from Passings to Accidents and Incidents. To Lynne's family and friends....my prayers are with you.

Last edited:
I'm just stunned. Peter, you have my and Katy's deepest condolences.

Lynne was brilliant, kind, and helpful to all of us. She was one of the most generous people I've ever met, and one of the best writers on Scubaboard. What an inspiration!

I remember well the poster wars that TS&M would extinguish with a simple post that she began with "My Goodness!". She would then calm everyone down, and go on to re-frame the issues with her incredible clarity. I thought of her as "Mom" because she often seemed like the only adult in the room.

Lynne obviously loved Scubaboard, and the feeling was mutual. TS&M was voted the "Best Poster" poll some years back by her many fans: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...t-scubaboard-posters-4.html?highlight=posters

Peter, if there's any thing we can do, you have only to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom