Hello from Vancouver, BC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,
I'm excited to finish the in water portion of my certification in Maui. I will be heading up to Lahaina at the end of this month! After logging more dives I'd like to continue advancing my diving education with the goal of participating in shipwreck survey and exploration.
-Melissa

Welcome to the board! You're in a great spot for wrecks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, my goodness, why are you going to Maui to finish your certification? I ask as someone who had the same plan when she got certified, ten years ago. I got strong-armed into finishing in Puget Sound, and I am ever so grateful that I did.

You are living in one of the finest places in the entire world to dive, whether it's for biodiversity or for wrecks. The waters off Vancouver and Vancouver Island are AMAZING, and there are some very active marine archaeological groups operating up there -- if you want, I can put you in touch with some folks.

Yes, the water is cold, and yes, you have to wear appropriate exposure protection, and yes, the gear is heavy. It's worth it. Take my word for it.

Welcome to SB - and enjoy you're OW dives no matter where you do them!

Ray

Back
Top Bottom