Question to Santi Drysuit owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emstuv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I received my Santi Emotion XL. Having tried on a L, too small, and an XXL the opposite. I ended up with an XL. It was ordered, and arrived shortly after (it was not available in the store at the time).

So my question is this: The handy flap, that is connected to the braces, has what appears a thicker/stiff strip of material that is glues to the actual suit shell. When I don the suit and pull down the telescopic torso, this stiff piece of material (strip) doesnt want lie flush with my body. Neither up or down. Will this "strip" soften? Or will it always kinda live its own life and bulge out?

Hopefully this weird question makes sense, I am just curious if the torso length of the suit is either just to short or long and I am stuck in an inbetween size.

Can you post a photo?
Is the piece you are talkimg about 1cm in height?
I'm not sure what you are referring to but I've never been aware of it underwater or on the surface.
Have you tried adjusting the strap length?

Do you feel this with the suit on but no undersuit?

Ah I think I get it now - do you mean the backing material to which the flap is attached? it's about 2 to 3cm in height? If so, I've never noticed it in all honesty but it does feel soft compared to the flap material.

Yeah sorry its the backing material, ca. 3-4cm wide and 20cm long.

Didn't feel it without undersuit. With undersuit it just "appeared", took me a second to figure out why the telescopic torso didn't want to lay flat.

Gonna call the store tomorrow. Just wondering if this bulge of material will be directly under the waist belt on the BP/W and might cause unnecessary wear and tear as it might not be folding down as it is supposed.

When I don the suit and pull down the telescopic torso, this stiff piece of material (strip) doesnt want lie flush with my body. Neither up or down. Will this "strip" soften? Or will it always kinda live its own life and bulge out?

With any luck, yes.

As I said I have never ever been aware of it - I had to look at my suit a few times to see the backing material. It should definitely lie flat - a good idea to call the shop.

I could well be very wrong but the fit does not sound right. It might not actually be the suit but how the undersuit sits against it.

The really nice thing about the E-Motion is that you are not really aware that it's there underwater.

The really nice thing about the E-Motion is that you are not really aware that it's there underwater.

That sounds "magical."

I have the E-lite, but I've never been aware of anything preventing it from folding down properly, except that the suit material itself is rather stiff.

Put it on again after watch a polish santi video. The guy in the video sure was wearing a very snug (cave cut) looking suit.

Anyway they did mention that the telescopic torso should come down to the top of the pockets, it does so for me so the fit might be right. It could me trying to find faults in order to get M2M.

Id also like to meet the person who has the calves to fill out that suit, man it's huge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom