hydro test cylinder markings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

refract

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All!
I have recently moved to the US from Australia, and I'm just wanting some confirmation the markings used for hydro tests here. Several of the cylinders I have access to have only this marking stamped on it. What does this mean about the cylinders' test history?
Many thanks!
cylinder.jpg

It was new in '03, and retested by West Air Gasses in '08. It is out of hydro, and will need to be tested again.

It means that the tank passed hydro in July of 2008 by a tester identified as B336 and now needs to go in for hydro before it's next fill since a hydro is required every 5 years in the USA by the Department of Transportation (DOT)

thanks guys, so it is the same as Australia and these cylinders have been due for test since 2013...? =S

Yes, in the US, its every 5 years.... likely sitting in a garage/basement, or being in the hands of someone with their own (non-commercial) compressor...

It means that the tank passed hydro in July of 2008 by a tester identified as B336 and now needs to go in for hydro before it's next fill since a hydro is required every 5 years in the USA by the Department of Transportation (DOT)

Actually, the RIN stamp is read in a clockwise fashion, so this testers ID is B363

Actually, the RIN stamp is read in a clockwise fashion, so this testers ID is B363

thanks, didn't know that. As such, I should have responded "...by a tester identified by some combination of the characters B, 3, 6 and 3..." or done a little research :)

Back
Top Bottom