NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to disagree from a systematic standpoint. I have been one of the harshest critics since the first debacle a few years ago. But organizations can always survive. It is not the initial act that causes it to fail, it is any type of cover up or continuation of the fault. This has brought down companies and presidents. If the NACD had followed through on its promises to completely revamp itself, it would not be facing this situation again.

Now it has another chance. If the entire BOD offered to resign, there would be fresh blood ready to take its place. If the bylaws were completely rewritten in a way that makes sense and aims the organization toward serving the interests of its members instead of only its instructors and officers, then people might be willing to join. Technically, the organization is salvageable. But from a practical standpoint, I haven't seen much to indicate the current leadership putting the survival of the organization above their personal selfish needs.

While I agree in spirit, I believe the By-Laws MUST be re-written first. When the foundation is poor, it does not matter the materials that go into the building.

While I agree in spirit, I believe the By-Laws MUST be re-written first. When the foundation is poor, it does not matter the materials that go into the building.

correct,otherwise you can EASILY end up with same agenda for a different crowd. Seen that before as well.

(1) Being ugly and dredging up the past absolutely serves no one and no "consequence".

(2) Your anger at the past serves only you. Dishing it up on others serves no other purpose. Let it go.

(3) You choose to live in the past or do something about it. At the very least, forgive. No, you don't have to forget, but you don't have to

HaHa, the past? The present actions of the BoD aren't enough to convince you? You guys must live in a fantasy world if you think the BoD will step down for the sake of the organization. There's just nothing left to save. BTW, what is it about the NACD that everyone's so sentimental about. Wouldn't the days, weeks, and months spent agonizing about amending the bylaws and hanging on Rick's every last word be better spent volunteering for the NSS-CDS or the NFSA? Or even just cave diving?

Dave

I agree completely. Membership will not increase until people see firm evidence that members come first. And the most important change IMHO is to change the composition of the BOD and make sure it can NOT be composed of all instructors. In fact getting rid of the "Instructor Members" and "Regular Members" designation might aim the organization toward safety and conservation instead of focusing on being a training agency. As a not-for-profit organization, it shouldn't be oriented toward a profitable activity.

(1) Being ugly and dredging up the past absolutely serves no one and no "consequence".

(2) Your anger at the past serves only you. Dishing it up on others serves no other purpose. Let it go.

(3) You choose to live in the past or do something about it. At the very least, forgive. No, you don't have to forget, but you don't have to

Just how far back do you feel the "PAST" is?

Yesterday, last week, last month, last year. three years?

The actions taken by the "CURRENT" BOD is not past history.

In as little as three years, this "CURRENT" BOD has taken a viable, thriving agency, that has been in existence for over 45 years and pile drive'd it into the rocks, all to suit their own selfish agendas.

Do you consider this the Past?

So all the hard work all the forefathers of this agency did means nothing? Everyone should just FORGET about their work and all the money they piled into building this agency, just so a handful of current cave instructors who have bent this agency into a business can make a personal profit.

Is this your idea of FORGIVE?

What would Sheck have to say about this? I wonder........

The only suprising thing with this to me is it took this long. I don't see any serious changes being made. I keep hearing how the NACD is going to change and regain their membership but the only thing I see is an attempt to print the journal again and offer beer at the next social. I would be more interested in the strategic plan for the organization but I am guessing there isn't one. If your International Training Director is a die hard oc bm guy I just don't see how you plan to grow when all the growth is in SM and rebreathers. I guess the next test will be if they can get more than a handful of people to show up at their next meeting. I liked the few pics of the last meeting that leaked out and the speakers were talking to a basically empty room.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom