NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah..strange how NAUI can manage the bylaws committee with none of that crap and it is bigger.
Weren't you just chased out of the NAUI BoD???

NO, chased would be a bad description, I resigned because I am about to launch Deep Six and I need the time and positive things in my life. :) That doesn't change that the NAUI Bylaws Committee has no NDA or lawyers sitting in every meeting.

Next thing you know the NACD's lawyer must be present at all pre- and post-dive briefings, and you must sign an affidavit swearing you'll only use "Larry Green-branded" Ralph Hood primary reels.

Dave

Can we regroup to facts and quit the accusations?

NO, chased would be a bad description, I resigned because I am about to launch Deep Six and I need the time and positive things in my life. :) That doesn't change that the NAUI Bylaws Committee has no NDA or lawyers sitting in every meeting.

Next thing you know the NACD's lawyer must be present at all pre- and post-dive briefings, and you must sign an affidavit swearing you'll only use "Larry Green-branded" Ralph Hood primary reels.

Dave

why did I get sandwiched in there? I didn't accuse anybody!

Why? What could you possibly ever expect to see come out of the NACD now? It is irrevocably broken and serves no other consequence than a cave diving version of a telenovela.

Dave

Reactions: GDI
why did I get sandwiched in there? I didn't accuse anybody!

I oops'd. Sorry. :(

Why? What could you possibly ever expect to see come out of the NACD now? It is irrevocably broken and serves no other consequence than a cave diving version of a telenovela.

Dave

(1) Being ugly and dredging up the past absolutely serves no one and no "consequence".

(2) Your anger at the past serves only you. Dishing it up on others serves no other purpose. Let it go.

(3) You choose to live in the past or do something about it. At the very least, forgive. No, you don't have to forget, but you don't have to

NEVER let the facts effect the issues.

Yeah, I know. :depressed:

Dave

I have to disagree from a systematic standpoint. I have been one of the harshest critics since the first debacle a few years ago. But organizations can always survive. It is not the initial act that causes it to fail, it is any type of cover up or continuation of the fault. This has brought down companies and presidents. If the NACD had followed through on its promises to completely revamp itself, it would not be facing this situation again.

Now it has another chance. If the entire BOD offered to resign, there would be fresh blood ready to take its place. If the bylaws were completely rewritten in a way that makes sense and aims the organization toward serving the interests of its members instead of only its instructors and officers, then people might be willing to join. Technically, the organization is salvageable. But from a practical standpoint, I haven't seen much to indicate the current leadership putting the survival of the organization above their personal selfish needs.

If the entire BOD offered to resign, there would be fresh blood ready to take its place. If the bylaws were completely rewritten in a way that makes sense and aims the organization toward serving the interests of its members instead of only its instructors and officers, then people might be willing to join. Technically, the organization is salvageable. But from a practical standpoint, I haven't seen much to indicate the current leadership putting the survival of the organization above their personal selfish needs.

^ You can have it once all the money runs out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom