SeaCure for Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do not recommend SeaCure for Apeks. However, we are researching the possibility of manufacturing a model for the Apeks, and I expect that a decision will be made soon. If we are able to do it, we will spread the work as quickly as possible, on our website, facebook page, scubaboard, and hopefully magazines.

You forgot to spread the word.

Well...it is on our website, was posted on our facebook page, and DiveNewsWire posted it on scubaboard back in November. Sorry if you didn't get "the word" - but yes, (YEA!) we have 2 new sizes. Our size 4 fits Apeks and many of the rebreathers. Our size 5 fits Poseidon. And, we have updated our design with a new model that we are calling the X Type. The X Type still has the larger opening of the Hi-Flow, but the new design reduces bulk, virtually eliminates gagging, and improves and reduces the chance of overclosure during molding. We're very excited about the new sizes and the improvements on an already great product!!!

That's great news, thank you. I don't do Facebook, I did ask the question on your SB forum in June, August and September as as did not get any reply assumed it hadn't happened, guess I should have investigated deeper. Anyways, bygones, I will go and buy some today. Cheers.

Thanks Seacure.

I ordered the new Apeks one but couldn't get it to seal properly. I've fitted a few over the years to different regs so am pretty sure it wasn't user error.

Anyway contacted Seacure they asked I return it for them to look at. A week later I received a new Seacure at no cost.

Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt and sending a replacement. Awesome.

Just now tried to fit the replacement X Type 4. Same issue, it won't seal properly. There is a ridge in the center of the reg mouth piece opening but no corresponding slot/cut on the Seacure. I suspect this is why it won't seal properly. I've emailed you guys about it. Did you actually try and successfully fit one yourselves? The error could be mine but being that it's not rocket science and I've fitted successfully on other brands I'm going to assume the error is not mine. I'm happy to eat humble pie if I'm wrong. The SeaCure X Type 2 for the G260 doesn't snug up fully against the reg and there is a gap of around 4mm. I've measured both and the SC is shorter than the reg opening. Suggestions? Or is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 147

Back
Top Bottom