xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend everybody not to buy this computer.
Horrible after sales!

I seem to remember coming to the same conclusion a few months ago. And once again, instead of a straight answer or an explanation the distributor came here and compared their product to Apple and GMC, blaming the customer. It doesn't matter whether or not you have the best product in the world, you need to learn customer service. Treat customers like dirt and they'll tell others. In this case anyone interested in an X-Deep computer will eventually find their way to this site and read this thread. They will find unhappy customers and a dodgy sales rep.

leviathan, you should message Piotr directly on the Facebook page for Genz Black at https://www.facebook.com/groups/XDEEPBT/ or email him at biuro@xdeep.pl to ask him about getting your unit back as quickly as possible. I don't think he or anyone from Genz in Poland monitors this thread, but they are on their fb page very regularly.

I'm still waiting for a response to the message I sent them via Facebook. I sent it April 17th, so I'm sure they'll get to it any day now. :blinking:

leviathan, you should message Piotr directly on the Facebook page for Genz Black at https://www.facebook.com/groups/XDEEPBT/ or email him at biuro@xdeep.pl to ask him about getting your unit back as quickly as possible. I don't think he or anyone from Genz in Poland monitors this thread, but they are on their fb page very regularly.

Thanks for your response. I emailed Piotr a few times before, since I was one of early receivers I reported some bugs that where fixed. With the Black going to GENZ he just forwarded my messages and did nothing about them.

I'm still waiting for a response to the message I sent them via Facebook. I sent it April 17th, so I'm sure they'll get to it any day now. :blinking:

Thanks for your response. I emailed Piotr a few times before, since I was one of early receivers I reported some bugs that where fixed. With the Black going to GENZ he just forwarded my messages and did nothing about them.

I'm sorry to hear that. I had exceptionally quick responses on both FB and through email. Nothing more I can say other than if you still have a product that you paid for and have a right to expect it to work correctly, I would follow up and ask outright but politely, when the issue(s) will be resolved. Hope it works out.

I've now had multiple dives where the Xdeep Black doesn't seem to "exit" the dive. I'm out of the water, it still think's I'm in the water, sometimes at 5 ft, sometimes at 3 ft, sometimes at 1.4 ft. What gives? I have the latest software version.

Of course every product can fail. I am talking about horrible after sales, not from my dealer (I have a rental unit) but from xdeep genz or what ever. I also have an iPhone and had problems with it (to help with your analogy), but the problems where fixed within 30 minutes by giving me a new phone!

My unit was sent to Poland (where the main office of the company is located). Since there are also a lot of European customers, sharing my experience would be useful.

Maybe they need to try harder...

leviathann Like I have mentioned earlier, surely different distributor will have different agreements made with manufacturer. Tec Dive Gear doesn't require any customer to send anything outside US on their own. We are existing to take care of most of the issues here locally and as quick as possible / if product needs to go to Europe we do it on distributor cost and cover shipping from customer / to manufacturer and back to customer. Judging by previous cases we have around 30 days turn around time which may be influenced by customs etc.

Apparently you're not as successful as you claim. DRIS dropping you guys is a good indicator of exactly that.

Apparently you're not as successful as you claim. DRIS dropping you guys is a good indicator of exactly that.

We thank DRIS for their support and commitment over last two years. Sometimes changes are necessary. Along with many American xDeep dealers we continue to support xDeep and xDeep customers.

Where do we find a list of those dealers?

Where do we find a list of those dealers?

List of all xDeep authorized dealers you can find here: xDEEP Diving Equipment - List of distributors
There is also quite a few new dealers in process of being set up so they will be published with nearest website update.

We are about to publish list of xDeep specialized stores where you can demo each setup and talk to dive professional knowing xDeep stuff in and out also take scuba classes in specific xDeep configuration.

We thank DRIS for their support and commitment over last two years. Sometimes changes are necessary.

Perhaps people should be inquiring WHY change is necessary. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing. Change to solve a problem is a good thing. Judging by the email I received from DRIS, the problem was not the product, the problem was YOU.
If DRIS indicates that you are the problem, then I am ready to accept that. DRIS has been nothing but honest and straightforward with their customers and the North American dive community. Your approach to the North American dive community has been less than commendable.

Perhaps X-Deep should replace their North American distributor if they wish to continue making inroads into the North American Market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom