11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Did Someone Say "Diving", "Turkey" and "Party"?
We've done it in the past, so I figure we might as well do it all over again this year!
In the past, everyone pitched in to make it a successful pot luck dive and picnic, so...

Let's get together for a dive & party this year!

Blue Heron Bridge
Saturday After Thanksgiving
Dive & Turkey Fry Family Party!

When:Saturday, November 28th 2015
What: Dive & Pot Luck Picnic (under the pavilions after the dive)

DIVE INFO
High tide - 9:45 AM

Entering the water 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM, diving Blue Heron Bridge (water temps: 75 - 78F) ... Morning bottom temps are usually in the 75 F range

Exit the water 10:45 AM - 11:00 ish AM
----

POT LUCK FAMILY PICNIC INFO
The park is open until 10:00 PM, and I am pretty sure most of us will close earlier :wink:...

Following the dives we will have a pavilion where we can enjoy a cool party with music and whatever you bring to the conversation!

Don't ask me what to bring, just list what you will bring here on this thread and we will find a way to keep it up to date (It's Pot Luck!) .

Anyone else interested?

One of the most important things we need is a Turkey fryer and a volunteer (experienced) cook!

Here are some of the things people brought in the past (a huge success by the way... We've had more than 50 people attend)... we've had as many as 3 turkeys in the past.

Successful Items From The Past:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into grandma's secret family recipes!)

pulled pork
salsa
oil (for the turkey fryer)

fryer
pie
turkey
Chipotle Mac N Cheese
soda
mur (not for the yung'ens)

Stuffing (lots)
something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags
corn on the cob
more turkey

Let us know you are coming and what you will bring for the pot luck picnic. We'll keep it up to date through my next post...

Who's in?

Jim - You dawg! Disappear from the thread you started, then coming back with a vengeance. You da man!

MB:
Jim - You dawg! Disappear from the thread you started, then coming back with a vengeance. You da man!
Hey, I didn't retire... I just took a layoff for a bit :cool2:

So Mike, what are you bringing for the Turkey Dive and party?

Count me in. Leave your car door unlocked, and I'll bring whatever you can't manage on your first trip to the pavillion...

(surely somebody will start a Bring List!)

Yay! It's been too long since our last Conch bash; I hope to see some old faces again.

The bridge has definitely been changing, and is now popular with non-divers. We get a lot of questions whenever we go there about what there is to see out there. It's fun sharing the surprises of what there is to see.

Yay! It's been too long since our last Conch bash; I hope to see some old faces again.

Old faces! Sheese! With all the plastic surgeons in PB, there is just no excuse!

But yes, it will be good to see you and Jim and others! Who would have guessed that BHB would become a Mecca? Remember all the "stuff" we had to step over before the storms of 04-05, and the subsequent rehab projects made BHB semi-respectable?

MB:
Old faces! Sheese! With all the plastic surgeons in PB, there is just no excuse!

But yes, it will be good to see you and Jim and others! Who would have guessed that BHB would become a Mecca? Remember all the "stuff" we had to step over before the storms of 04-05, and the subsequent rehab projects made BHB semi-respectable?

There was a time I wouldn't dare go to the park alone, in bright daylight. The changes are nice, though I'd actually love to see some of this boon making it's way to the actual City of Riviera Beach.

Thanksgiving may seem like a long time from now, and most people begin to think about it after school starts.

The list so far
Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into grandma's secret family recipes!)

pulled pork (CoolTech & KBeck)
Carry crap from the car (MB - Local Dive Sherpa)

Check your calendars and make your plans!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom