NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By IRS code all 501c3s are required to disclose books and records upon member request. The books are open and transparent that's part of being a 501c3.

The IRS requires all 501c3 make their 990s (tax returns) public information to any citizen that wishes to review them. You do not have to be a member of the organization. There are several web sites that give free download access to 501c3 990s returns for prior years. Internal books are completely different issue. Ask the Red Cross for a detailed list of where they spent 500 million dollars in Haiti and you find out they are not required to provide any information other than what is on their 990 and related schedules.

Reactions: Jax
Lol, which sock puppet is this? Created today for this very post.

It's clearly outlined in their by laws that members may examine the books and records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think so. I've known RB for years. He was senior ROV/AUV operator and all around good guy and Captain of the RV Tiburon out of Key West for the past 10 years or so.

Nope, no sock puppet here. I have been following the conversation closely on CDF and saw the conversation jump over here. I do not post much on the forums but figured I may as well set up an account here in case I found the need to open my mouth about something cave related.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 10:26 AM ----------

Don't think so. I've known RB for years. He was senior ROV/AUV operator and all around good guy and Captain of the RV Tiburon out of Key West for the past 10 years or so.
Hey Frank, hope all is good down KW way. Full disclosure, I was XO and Chief Engineer for the Tiburon until we sold her to the Navy, I never bothered to get a captains cert.

Hey Frank, hope all is good down KW way. Full disclosure, I was XO and Chief Engineer for the Tiburon until we sold her to the Navy, I never bothered to get a captains cert.

Didn't want to sell you short with the "all around good guy" quote, RB.

Nope, no sock puppet here. I have been following the conversation closely on CDF and saw the conversation jump over here. I do not post much on the forums but figured I may as well set up an account here in case I found the need to open my mouth about something cave related.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 10:26 AM ----------

Welcome aboard.You have a big reading assignment to read all 887 postings :) "Something cave related" ... not in this thread

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 04:06 PM ----------

bingo!!!!

How many of us remember Wayne Marshall embezzlement of CDS funds in the 90s? All the information was disclosed to the membership,and even when payment was missed and they had to go back to court. I can understand the organization not disclosing personnel issues,but announce the end results. I can even understand not revealing the tshirts that were ordered for sale cost $7 a piece, and will sell for $15.

How many of us remember Wayne Marshall embezzlement of CDS funds in the 90s?

Didn't the NACD have its own issues with embezzlement a few years back?

Dave

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom