ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

321 Days To Go

Verde Island Enjoy

This island is a day trip from
the first resort

Love that video!
320 Days to Go!

ScubaBoard Invasion 2016 Philippines
There is currently 1 room open.
The 2016 Invasion is based on Double Occupancy ONLY
since the resort has only 37 rooms.
We wish there were more rooms so everyone wanting to go could.
I hope everyone understands.
I encourage all solo divers wanting to go to get on the waiting list
to hold your place in line while you wait to find a roommate.
We have created a new thread for those wanting to find a roommate.
Solo Divers looking for Roommates for the 2016 Invasion

I know some of you are already trying to plan airfare.
PLEASE BE PATIENT, I had a long talk with our travel agent just 3 days ago about this very issue.

They are going try to get us a special rate from Philippines airlines which has a NONSTOP from LA or San Fran.
I was informed they still need about another 60 days, since the return leg of the flight is still not in the airlines system.
I was informed they book folks from LA last week at 930.00 RT. The time frame for the Invasion date cannot even be completed yet.
If you were to plug in dates a few weeks earlier the current rate is 1680. RT. We are working on this issue.

Also please be aware you need to leave the US on Thursday to arrive in Manilla on Saturday even with a nonstop flight from the west coast.
Manilla is 15 hours Ahead of the west coast and the Nonstop takes 14 hr and 25min going there. That equals 29.5 hrs on a clock.

Those outside the US and attending the Invasion ignore this email as it will not apply to your airfare.

Hello Everyone! I like scuba!:D

I know some of you are already trying to plan airfare.
PLEASE BE PATIENT, I had a long talk with our travel agent just 3 days ago about this very issue.

They are going try to get us a special rate from Philippines airlines which has a NONSTOP from LA or San Fran.
I was informed they still need about another 60 days, since the return leg of the flight is still not in the airlines system.
I was informed they book folks from LA last week at 930.00 RT. The time frame for the Invasion date cannot even be completed yet.
If you were to plug in dates a few weeks earlier the current rate is 1680. RT. We are working on this issue.

Also please be aware you need to leave the US on Thursday to arrive in Manilla on Saturday even with a nonstop flight from the west coast.
Manilla is 15 hours Ahead of the west coast and the Nonstop takes 14 hr and 25min going there. That equals 29.5 hrs on a clock.

Those outside the US and attending the Invasion ignore this email as it will not apply to your airfare.

Flights can be booked 323 days in advance, the return leg has been available since the beginning of August.
I am looking at Cathay and China, I'm pretty sure all airlines have the same number of days, give or take a couple.
Cathay already has a seat sale, but it only goes to end of may 2016., so my feeling is that the 60 days are to make it closer to the return and get a deal.

So what about those of is flying the same airline, Philippine Airlines, direct flight from Vancouver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 9th, 2015 at 04:49 AM ----------

PS - it will be myself, Stephanie Ho, and the 3 other friends of mine from Seattle at least. I don't know if there are any others from Washington attending but if so, worth it for them also to drive to Vancouver for the direct flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me preface this with our intention to wait and see what Maduro can do for us on the airfare.

I just checked Orbitz and they have one stop (3 1/2 hour layover in Tokyo) flights from to Manila leaving on Thursday (6-16-16) and returning on 7-2-16 for $993 (American Airlines to Tokyo and Japan Airlines from Tokyo to Manila).

Since there are no Chicago to Manila non-stops we will have to connect somewhere between here and there. The cheapest flights to LAX from Chicago are $236 right now. Depending on what Maduro can do for us on the LAX to Manila leg may be the deciding factor as to how we get there.

Back
Top Bottom