Fairly new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mdodge

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello my name is mdodge I've been open water cert. for over a year now Looking at doing advanced very soon. My husband doesn't dive and I would like to find a regular buddy to go diving with, preferably female, for several reasons. I'm off most weekends and want to expand my diving experience.

I have found the best way to meet buddies and establish a circle of friends or buddies is to join a local dive club, I'm sure Lakeland has some. Check Meetup.com.

If you are ever looking at trips, let us know and you will have a buddy for sure!

we have a very large and active club over in the hotbed for diving. Check out the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook or Vero Beach Scuba Club - Home.

we have lots of trips going out on a regular basis and some great people to dive with!

Welcome to SB.

I also have a non-diving spouse, and have found the various forums here (and advice above) invaluable in tracking down dive buddies all over the world.

You meet the nicest people while diving!

Ray

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

Welcome MDodge!
I had a similar problem as my dive buddy moved abroad. I missed out on some great trips for a few years, not having a buddy and I didn't want to pay single supplements. Let me suggest www.SingleDivers.com. SD runs many trips throughout the year. Everyone on the trips needs a buddy and SD offers a "buddy match" service - once you sign up for a trip you'll fill out a dive profile and will be matched with a diver with similar skills. Good luck!

Welcome! I'm new to the boards too and also don't have an 'easy' diving buddy :) Unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of the world to you, but am going to take a look at the SingleDIver link to see if there's anyone over here in Denmark.

Have fun

Sara

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom