My Scubapro Luna -*$&@

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. A redundant computer might be a solution to the immediate problem.
2. It may be possible to rent a computer either from the destination or the LDS.
3. Ask the LDS if they can supply a loaner for the upcoming trip.

I would double my efforts on #3. That is one of the advantages of buying from and LDS.

I disagree with some of the responders here. The Galileo is a fine computer for a beginner. In fact the AI is a good choice because of the extra information the Remaining Bottom Time tells you about your air supply and the fact that you see your tank pressure every time you glance at the computer.

The Galileo is a very dependable computer and there are not many reports of failures-- you must have hit a bad batch.

I think your dive shop should provide you with a loaner computer for your dive trip free of charge or for a nominal fee. That's a better option than hoping you can rent a dive computer at your destination.

Thanks for all the feedback. I do like the Luna – I have completed the DivNav course on it. But the failed computer in the pool was a big ol’ wake up call. As an update, today I purchased two backup computers (one for me and one for my permanent dive buddy who I want to continue to be until I am too old to wear a BC….) As I stated earlier, I am not on the best of terms with the original LDS so asking them for help would be akin to asking the Dems and Republicans to get along for 5 minutes…. But my new LDS fixed us up – They did not carry the Puck so we ended up with Suunto Zoops. I just completed the DivNav course on it and it seems to do what we need as a backup. It’s not the sexiest computer on the block, but I think it might save a vacation. Also as an update, one of the Luna’s came back from SP yesterday. Hopefully the other will be back next week.

As far as the initial investment on the Lunas, all I can say is live and learn….

You may find that the zoop is a bit more conservative than the Luna.

Personally my experience with the Luna is great. Around 700 dives before my gf made it hers. It's still doing fine. I am sure yours will work out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom