Public safety diver hiring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esiegel91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, so a little background, I'm 30 yrs old in emt/fire school and also open water certified, planning to go the advanced>rescue>master>dive master route but after I do all of this how do I get hired? Seems no one is hiring around phoenix for divers

You want to get hired as a public safety diver (full time)? Most public safety divers are volunteer or work full time for a department that also has a dive team as a collateral duty.

Maybe you should talk with the local dive shop here in Phoenix that does the Public Safety Diving courses. They would probably know more about local opportunities for becoming a public safety diver.

The Academy of Scuba does PADI Public Safety Courses.

I go to destination scuba for all the padi courses (just prefer it there)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I go to destination scuba for all the padi courses (just prefer it there)

That doesn't mean they teach PSD courses. Not to mention it's a long way from OW to a PSD, and a PADI DM has about as much in common with a PSD as your fire school does with changing a tire. Just because you like diving and are going to fire school doesn't mean you have any of the skills to be a public safety diver. It's an entirely different ball game, and it sounds like you don't know enough about it in the first place, let alone enough for anybody to want to hire you.

If you're serious about becoming a PSD, look around at who offers ERDI certs. Go there even if you have to travel.

Roger that thanks!

You're going to need a slightly different badge here in Maricopa County....lol Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

In addition, the Lake Patrol Division has a nationally recognized dive team,

Academy of Scuba also offers ERDI training.
We teach ERDI programs that are National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) compliant, right down to offering all courses at the Awareness, Technician, and Operation levels.

Emergency Response Diving Academy - Training Public Safety Divers - Phoenix, Arizona

I have no idea but it seems like the Sheriff's team is always who is finding drowned boaters at Lake Pleasant. That could be partly jurisdictional also.

And the few divers over the years also.

Whether the other PS teams have divers is something I'm not familiar with.

I was just suggesting one place you could find a job since that was your original question.

That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom