Time for a new adventure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captsquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello from Southern Nevada.
My brother, who has been a diver for years, has tried for a long time to convince me to get my certification. I am a licensed pilot (inactive) and am ready to take the plunge (pun intended). He always told me some of my aviation knowledge would translate.
I'm just beginning my research and looking for a place to get my training. I'm looking forward to learning a new skill and embarking on this adventure.

Welcome to SB captsquirrel! I'm sure some of the guys will be of more help with a good shop in the area that offers training. Quick google search looks like Gr8 Diving and Scuba Views may be some good choices for you to get certified.

Welcome to SB captsquirrel! I'm sure some of the guys will be of more help with a good shop in the area that offers training. Quick google search looks like Gr8 Diving and Scuba Views may be some good choices for you to get certified.

Thank you for the welcome. Funny you should pick those two shops. I had already selected both to go check out. I guess I'm on the right track.

Good luck captsquirrel, you'll love your new hobby!

The key to diving is to be relaxed and comfortable in the water and to trust the gear. If you can do at 30,000ft above sea level, it should be no problem under.

Welcome to SB! As you've seen from a thread or two already... we're a passionate bunch!

Ray

Greetings Captain Squirrel,
How exciting to be starting your dive "career". I hope you love it as much as I do. Can I make a suggestion?
I got OW certified and then did a few dives a year but wasn't a great diver. I struggled with gear, buoyancy, and navigation issues (similar issues to most new divers). Do you know what made a huge difference to me? I took a chance and booked a trip with SingleDivers.com and signed up for the "rent a buddy" program. Worth it! I was matched with a dive master who assessed my skills and made suggestions. We did a briefing before each dive and reviewed the skill post dive. By the end of the week my skills had dramatically improved. Best program ever! Check it out. www.singledivers.com
Best of luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom