Recommended private car service from/to Manila to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

can anyone recommend a reliable private car service from and to Manila down to Anilao (return)?

Going with an organized service through a resort runs at around $300 USD return, which is expensive.

Thank you.

---------- Post added July 26th, 2015 at 08:01 PM ----------

Thank you for moving to the right forum :)

My friend is a driver. His wife is an attorney (my former colleague) and takes cases around the big island of Luzon keeping him pretty busy, and so he's not a car service per se in that he doesn't hire out via advertisements, only via referral or friends/family. But he's very reliable and friendly and good English. If that is suitable for you, let me know and I can ask him how much to Anilao and back. If you prefer someone with a website and a Trip Advisor record to show, he's not that type and so I can't help with that but maybe someone else will pop in with a recommendation.

Edit: I did just follow up with him on my own to see what he's up to, and he is now an Uber driver. If that helps or hurts your opinion, I do not know. :)

Last edited:
Pretty much all resorts will charge $150 each way for a van, it's worth noting on the way there the fixed fare taxis from the airport charge just over 3,000 Php to Mabini - around $70, although many of the drivers don't want to make the journey.

One option that could now be viable (and will probably get more viable with time?) could be Uber?

Guys, this is great. Thank you all for the input!

I have made arrangements now through a company called Beeway Travel

I did use them a good while back from/to Manila-Subic and they were great (on time, nice driver, nice car, perfect) but could not find their name or contact anymore.

So after some serious digging, I managed to get their contact info again and they confirmed my booking.

Cost all-in is $4,500 each way.

I will keep the contacts provided here as backup and will provide feedback on my trip after here for other to view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom