Beaver Lake conditions 25 May 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWA395

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After a week of massive rain, the lake level is UP, UP, UP, several feet above full pool.

Talked to a couple of side mount divers from Wichita Kansas who were exiting as we were gearing up.

Damn Site North (Bluffs)
Parked in the main parking area and from the pavement edge to waters edge was about 4 steps.
Water temps are up and visibility is down.

Water temps 52 degrees at 62'. Visibility about 15' below 40'. Above 40' about 5' to 10'
Thermocline sitting about 32'

Dive Park
Water temp 61 degrees at 41'. Visibility about 5' to 10' to as far as you could see, which was about 5' to 10' :cool2:

It has rained so much around here I didn't think anything would be worth diving. I have not been to Beaver Lake in a long time, sounds like its not so horrible though. Got to try and get over there a couple of times this coming summer.

The last time I was there we had like 30-40 foot vis at 100', and at least 20 foot at 20'. It was awesome......for a lake.
What's a good place to rent some tanks and get fills, like I said, been a long time since I was there.

C&J Sports is the closest and about 10 minute drive. Home

Sorry, No recent dive condition reports on Beaver Lake..... but I can give you dive conditions for Roatan for the last 2 weeks...:D

Was in the lake on Sunday. Stayed above the 'cline which starts at about 22 or 23 feet. Viz was around 5 to 10 feet. I hear it's not bad once you get below 60' by the bluffs but I have not been down that deep since May.

Back
Top Bottom