Diving trip to Batangas-Anilao+Poerto-Gallera.....few questions PLZ(my first one :))

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I want to book a diving trip to the :
> Batangas-Anilao
> Puerto-Galera
I am a photographer and It will be my first time at the philippines ....:)
(just returned from the maldives you can see some of my pics)

I want to point out that the service = focused on photographing?
is the most important thing for me ....,!

Few questions to all the heavy cannon here :)

1. I've heard that this year / 2015 is a dry season - at the philippines?
And I prefer to book my trip at the first week of september 9/8/15 to 9/18/15
6 days at Anilao + 5 more days at PG

2. is September 2015 a a risky date ? to combine this to sites ?
>> If No :) and to your opinion, September it is ok/GREAT at 2015 ?
what should I expect as a photographer, the locals diving teams/ club attitude will be.....as offseason? or as any season ( important! )
>> If YES - and september 2015 is too risky season to book a diving trip to this 2 sites together?
What would you advise the nearest date can be?

3. At Batangas-Anilao - I have heard about " Club Ocellaris " Diving + accommodation
>> Has anyone tried it / can recommend ?
>> Looking for contact name and email ?
( weird thing there are no contact info at there site and no prices at tripadvisor)

At Poerto-Gallera I have heard about Atlantis Dive Resorts

4. Any other tips or thoughts will be much appreciated

Many thx

Last edited:
I had a recent diver go to Club Ocellaris and was kind of neutral about the place. As I understand it, it is more of a "club" and not really a full resort, minimal in services. It may suit some divers, but not all. In Anilao, I usually recommend Crystal Blue especially if you are focused on photography. Their photo room and resident photo pro are first class.

Here's another option at Anilao... Liquid Diving Adventures | Aiyanar Beach & Dive Resort - Anilao, Philippines

In Puerto Galera, the Atlantis Resort is very popular. You can dive like you were on a liveaboard, up to 5 dives a day. And they occasionally run specials. Rooms are good, food is decent, dive operation solid. Marco Vincent Dive Resort at White Beach Puerto Galera is also solid.

Here's another option at PG... Liquid Diving Adventures | Scandi Divers - Puerto Galera, Philippines

If you are completely focused on Photo, i'd recommend booking your own guide in Anilao, he will take care about your hotel bookings and even your transfer from Manila, he will sort out the dive arrngements and the boat. In brief, a freelance guide is a swiss army knife. :)

I usually book Dennis Corpuz at Anilao Critters, he's a friendly guy, a photographer too, hence he knows what a photographer likes and will help you holding your snoot if necessary, most of all he knows where the very good stuff is. You can contact him at Anilao critter (Google that). You can see what he managed to show me if you click on my signature / Anilao part. If you want specific recommandations on the diving spots or the hotels, just PM me.

I may be less helpful with Puerto Galera, I didn't stay elsewhere than Big LaLaguna beach resort 15 years ago, the dive centre was great but I didn't like PG atmosphere at all, too many divers as well.

Last edited:
1 -2: Sept is typhoon season. However I will come to this country anytime of the yr as long as there is cheap flight. Weather is never an issue.
3. There are plenty of good reports about Club O, just look for it. The latest one was by diverjen.
4. Diving in PG is completely different from Anilao. The boat goes out for one dive and return to base. The diving rate is FIXED even with one diver. There are a lot of good restaurants to choose so why limit your choice by booking an all inclusive package. Atlantis is well known but why paid the extra if there are other competent operators charging a lot less. Contact Frontier Divers or South Sea Divers.
And if you prefer a really quiet place then stay at Campbell and dive with Scandi Divers. But the selection of places to eat at Big La Laguna is very limited. Bring a torch if you decide to walk over to Sabang in the evening.

We stayed at acacia dive resort in anilao. The place was very nice but reasonable. There are a few nicer places but they cost quite a bit more. There are also quite a few less nice places there. Great food, great service, and nice clean rooms with aircon. Would definately go back.

We are not photographers but they did seem to be capable in that respect. A guide would be available. I would email them any photos related questions you have.

Have stayed/dove with Club O many times and highly recommend them. Absolutely cater to photographers, with two of the best guides you'll find anywhere in Alexis and Peri. I'm sure you'll have others respond to your post with the same feedback. Can be very hard to reach...owner Jose jsvenus@gmail.com.

Have stayed at Atlantis twice...top notch, but also the top of the price range. You'll find everything here to be high quality..accommodation, food, dive op, although wouldn't necessarily say specifically caters to photographers...you'll get a far wider range of dive experience among guests here than Club O. Is right in town so can be rather noisy here.

Many thx all - very helpful advices :)

the booking at september 2015....is still an issue
I will contact the clubs and report what they said

Dear Yaronad,

You may consider Buceo Anilao Home, an u/w photographers oriented resort, opened just last year and with an impressive camera room, experienced DMs and fixed dive rates regardless of the number of divers...

In regards to your questions:

1- September is wet season (till end of October and some times till early December), meaning you may have chances of rainy days or storms, however, there are days and even weeks with minimal rains. There are plenty of dive sites in Anilao and you should be able to dive and enjoy with no problem. Just some dive sites are not recommendable during habagat or southwest monsoon (like Anilao Pier…)

2- September is not “risky” and you should be able to dive every day unless there is a typhoon passing very near the area, but it is not the best time to dive in the Philippines as you may already know.

3- Diving teams are very professional and that should not be a matter of concern even if you consider it low season.

With Buceo Filipinas Home you can have a combined dive trip including Puerto Galera or any other destination.

Please feel free to email me if you need any additional detailed information

Thank you very much and warm regards

Carlos :wink:

Hi all

I want to book a diving trip to the :
> Batangas-Anilao
> Puerto-Galera
I am a photographer and It will be my first time at the philippines ....:)
(just returned from the maldives you can see some of my pics)

I want to point out that the service = focused on photographing?
is the most important thing for me ....,!

Few questions to all the heavy cannon here :)

1. I've heard that this year / 2015 is a dry season - at the philippines?
And I prefer to book my trip at the first week of september 9/8/15 to 9/18/15
6 days at Anilao + 5 more days at PG

2. is September 2015 a a risky date ? to combine this to sites ?
>> If No :) and to your opinion, September it is ok/GREAT at 2015 ?
what should I expect as a photographer, the locals diving teams/ club attitude will be.....as offseason? or as any season ( important! )
>> If YES - and september 2015 is too risky season to book a diving trip to this 2 sites together?
What would you advise the nearest date can be?

3. At Batangas-Anilao - I have heard about " Club Ocellaris " Diving + accommodation
>> Looking for contact name and email ?
( weird thing there are no contact info at there site and no prices at tripadvisor)

At Poerto-Gallera I have heard about Atlantis Dive Resorts

4. Any other tips or thoughts will be much appreciated

Many thx

I usually try to avoid July to October, although I have had some good dives staying on Maricaban Is early July and also at Anilao and PG in October, but these dates are in the Typhoon season.

I have only used Crystal Blue Resort at Anilao, excellent guides and camera room

At PG I have used Atlantis x 1, and Asia Divers x 2 , I would only return to Asia divers, reason being I was only able to book a full package at Atlantis and there are better places to eat around Sabang such as Captain Greggs.

I would suggest posting in the regional forum area for a better response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom