Is a 5mm wetsuit okay to use.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessepcvfd6

Registered
Reaction score
In Warner water? I'm going to Panama city Beach this weekend for a dive and the above water temp is upper 90s. My wife got me a 5mm body glove wetsuit and this will be my first dive in it. Do y'all think it'll be alright using in water they'll be pretty warm?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would say yes . I dive a 5mil off Pompano Beach and am fine ,If I get a little warm I would just flush some fresh water into the suit though the neck. If you do multiple dives a day it will help you keep your core temp. You will all so have to keep in mind that every one feels hot and cold differently . body mass plays a part to . Thin people have a tendency to get colder quicker (less insulation)and some one with more weight / mass will feel warmer (more insulation).So in short it all depends on how you tolerate cold and or heat.

Rather be hot than cold and I'm a teddy bear lol. Thanks though. I've been so nervous about this.

I am sorry, did I read correct that you plan to use 5mm wet-suit with gloves in 90F (32C) and more water ?
I think it will be really hot.
Probably I understood not correct what is mean "5mm body glove wetsuit".
If it is gloves only, it might be ok, but 1mm will be better anyway from my point of view.

Yeah I'll have 1.5 mm gloves on along with 5mm wetsuit. Idk what the water temp is but top side is avg mid 90s

I think I'm just going to be a man and go with it. If I get to hot I'll just open the suit and let some in. Thanks for the info.

I wear a full 5mm in the tropics, I've never felt too warm. I'm skinny and feel the cold. Unless you have a very high tolerance to cold I think you'll be fine in a 5mm, if you feel too warm you can always open the neck and let some fresh water in to cool down a bit. There is not much you can do if you're cold. Being cold is s great way to ruin a dive. I loath being cold. Good luck.

I usually wear a 3mm but a 5mm will be fine,the water there is cooler than 90.

No way I would die 90 degrees in a thick suit ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom