NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It baffles me how some people who are amplifying the problem don't even know they're doing it.

I can see the producers now: "Guys, seriously...calm down! Nobody is going to believe that a group of adults gets this worked up over some stupid hobby!"

For some people it's not a hobby, it's money, and to a lesser degree, access. Access/control of sites and selling stuff (gear, certifications) is where the real nut-cutting comes into this thing. I'm not against someone making a dollar, just pointing out where the root of the evil really lies.

For some people it's not a hobby, it's money, ...

When the NACD situation blew up a few years ago, I was doing some cave diving with someone whose ability to earn a living was dependent upon his aility to both guide dives and do cave instruction. His only instructor certification was NACD. He was very much afraid that the agency would tank and leave him with no way to earn that income without getting new certification. This can be very serious.

For some people it's not a hobby, it's money, and to a lesser degree, access. Access/control of sites and selling stuff (gear, certifications) is where the real nut-cutting comes into this thing. I'm not against someone making a dollar, just pointing out where the root of the evil really lies.

Oh, I understand. From the outside, however, that's not as easy to see. I wrote it as if it were an outsider that didn't know.

It's not funny, I'd still watch it though... lot's of stuff seems to be happening all the time.
Honey Booboo and Swamp People is serious too when you think about it, and I like watching Swamp People.

Common fellas,
This is the typical NACD history repeating itself.
The GREEN MACHINE continues to run........

I posted this exact comment on Cave Divers Forum, but it will be deleted there.

Common fellas,
This is the typical NACD history repeating itself.
The GREEN MACHINE continues to run........

I posted this exact comment on Cave Divers Forum, but it will be deleted there.

Curt, he doesn't want to be training director. Everyone says so. Really, he is taking one for the team and just stepping in now.

Curt, he doesn't want to be training director. Everyone says so. Really, he is taking one for the team and just stepping in now.

Right, That and Five Dollars will buy you this cup of coffee.

greenbucks.jpg

When the NACD situation blew up a few years ago, I was doing some cave diving with someone whose ability to earn a living was dependent upon his aility to both guide dives and do cave instruction. His only instructor certification was NACD. He was very much afraid that the agency would tank and leave him with no way to earn that income without getting new certification. This can be very serious.

This person might want to contact IANTD for a crossover! Problem solved!!

From what I understand, instructor crossovers can be quite expensive. But the right business decision would be to minimize that cost to take advantage of a competitive situation. I believe PADI and/or NAUI did that a few years ago when YMCA left the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom