NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So after watching this video and reading through Oliver's post about the class as well as the NACD charges related to this class what it seems to me is that several advanced backmount cave divers who several were instructors or in the process of becoming instructors took a NACD sidemount class from Rob and due to their experience level I take it he made it more of an advanced class and now they are playing the political game and using anything they can to get rid of him. You would think Rob slept with one of their wives the way they are acting. I guess after 3 years the Cushman / Edd crap finally fit their agenda.

Just reading between the lines between here and cdf and it seems like a lot of you guys who used to worship edd fell out of love with him and chose to follow Rob after some of the lost love between those two.

Just reading between the lines between here and cdf and it seems like a lot of you guys who used to worship edd fell out of love with him and chose to follow Rob after some of the lost love between those two.

Nailed it!

Dave

People cry cave politics,but they fail to see what is the real source of cave politics. It rarely is the actors,but the entourage. This type of thing is not new, and over the decades I can give tons of examples, heck it even reached the point of someone getting an instructor deported out of this country over similar type things.

No matter how you cut it, the feuds are usually between two egos. Their minions amplify the feud, but without it they have nothing to work with.

...and over the decades I can give tons of examples, heck it even reached the point of someone getting an instructor deported out of this country over similar type things.
Now that's a reality TV show I would watch!

A reality tv show made about cave divers would be an award winning show. The producers wouldn't even have to
stage drama or story lines, lol! You can't make this stuff up. :)

A reality tv show made about cave divers would be an award winning show. The producers wouldn't even have to
stage drama or story lines, lol! You can't make this stuff up. :)

I can see the producers now: "Guys, seriously...calm down! Nobody is going to believe that a group of adults gets this worked up over some stupid hobby!"

I can see the producers now: "Guys, seriously...calm down! Nobody is going to believe that a group of adults gets this worked up over some stupid hobby!"

Not just the producers. Aside from ones that affect someone's reputation and livelihood, I've been reading a few threads thinking the exact same thing.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom