NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the official word from their Facebook group is he is acting TD
So wait... the vicious rumor I've been alleged to start (but didn't) is not a rumor because it's simply TRUE??? The irony is just too much. That's even better than renaming the Jew Fish after the Jew's worst enemy in the OT.

Better than that. A director must be a member. Membership is automatically rescinded if the member engages in criminal activity. Not is convicted, not is prosecuted, not is suspected of, but if the member engages in criminal activity, their membership is rescinded. There are a number of Wilcher posts right here on SB about Mr. Greens activities, and wasn't there a marijuana issue some time back?

Better than that. A director must be a member. Membership is automatically rescinded if the member engages in criminal activity. Not is convicted, not is prosecuted, not is suspected of, but if the member engages in criminal activity, their membership is rescinded. There are a number of Wilcher posts right here on SB about Mr. Greens activities, and wasn't there a marijuana issue some time back?

if that is the case there can be no NACD board. There are so many laws on the books that everybody breaks some.

You, too?

Anyone else read the court filings and list of charges emailed from the NACD to members? I did it doesn't look too good in my opinion

Care to enlighten the rest of us?

Well, I won't throw B'rer Green in that briar patch. No suh.

^ Perhaps the best post in this entire thread.

So wait... the vicious rumor I've been alleged to start (but didn't) is not a rumor because it's simply TRUE???

I've lost track of all the rumors and who was supposed to have started them. Perhaps someone could work up a spreadsheet? ;-)

if that is the case there can be no NACD board. There are so many laws on the books that everybody breaks some.

You, too?

I did not write the bylaws. In fact, I am rewriting the bylaws of my non-profit, and we don't have any stupidity about breaking laws in there. I mean really. Really?

HaHa, Frank's not a cave diver, just knows some that consider themselves "celebrities".

Dave

Lord save us all from celebrity divers.

After reading the findings of fact or whatever the official term is, all I can say this is something that is going to haunt nacd and cost them in long run. Essentially saying a nacd instructor is always representing nacd is always liable, even when not teaching your courses is a lawyers dream. The first student that dies in a non nacd course taught by an nacd instructor is going to result in one heck of "oops we didn't think about that" check to be written out by your insurance.

Daru

After reading the findings of fact or whatever the official term is, all I can say this is something that is going to haunt nacd and cost them in long run. Essentially saying a nacd instructor is always representing nacd even when not teaching your courses is a lawyers dream. The first student that does in a non nacd course taught by an nacd instructor is going to result in one heck of "oops we didn't think about that" check to be written out by your insurance.

Daru

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PADI, meanwhile, is about to defend itself in Utah to ensure that PADI instructors are NOT agents of PADI. It could be argued that if a NACD instructor is always on the clock, regardless of what he's doing, he is an agent of NACD. I think NACD needs better legal help, and to stop shooting themselves int he foot.

Can someone post the letter NACD sent out so us non cave divers can have a giggle at their expense?

PADI, meanwhile, is about to defend itself in Utah to ensure that PADI instructors are NOT agents of PADI. It could be argued that if a NACD instructor is always on the clock, regardless of what he's doing, he is an agent of NACD. I think NACD needs better legal help, and to stop shooting themselves int he foot.

Can someone post the letter NACD sent out so us non cave divers can have a giggle at their expense?
Worse yet, what happens when one agencies standard is followed and nacd isn't due to conflict? A good example is padi cavern not doing line drills in the cavern. One could argue that was a violation since I am assuming the advance side mount course Rob got nailed for was in fact another agency's curriculum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom