tiny person and Xdeep Stealth 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahaha! So you don't own one but you're giving an expert opinion? Oh, you read the manual? Good for you! I'll do you one better - I talk to the actual designer of the Stealth

Unfortunately that seems to happen alot. And I was about to point out to the op that I don't believe tone has ever dove a stealth.

Op I fully agree with gear hound. I own a stealth and whenever he posts about one my thoughts concur with his. I don't like heavy tanks on the waist though. I dove worthingtons so put them on the buttplate. You absolutely don't have to. I just like the feel better.

I've actually talked to patric about small people and the stealth because my girlfriend weighs less than 100lbs. I was asking if they were going to come out with a smaller wing. They're not but he said give it a go anyway. She's got no issues since we've started monkeying with one for her.

I have actually dove the stealth so there's that, but since everything I said agrees with what you said, why the attack? The harness itself is really irrelevant, for this question, its whether or not the wing will work and not be too big on the back, the harness can adjust to fit someone 1m tall, the wing not so much. I'm almost 2m tall, so at my size I can't speak directly, but that doesn't mean I haven't been in the water with someone using an xdeep that is that size, which I have.

Still curious what I said that was wrong other than your opinion on the xdeep harness style being better, which because they are nominally identical, is just personal preference.

I was asking if they were going to come out with a smaller wing. They're not but he said give it a go anyway. She's got no issues since we've started monkeying with one for her.

Actually, the rec wing is planned for sometime soon now I think? Which should be a tiny bit smaller than the classic if I remember well. Problem will be getting only the wing at a decent price, as the rest of the fancy stuff on it is bs imo.

Edit: nevermind, from what I found they're same size. However Piotr did say "STEALTH 2.0 REC Setup would be perfect option for those who don't need so much lift and it would fit anybody, even 150cm tall, 12 years old girls :) "

hi

i'm checking to buy a steallth, there are a lot of good comment about this vest

my size is 5'5"
it seem to have two release

one with 35lb of lift and the tech with 50lb of lift

i'm thinking about the one with 35lb

i will use in canada, quebec diving with steel tank (85 lp)

Is it possible to use it with 2 steel tank (85lp) + 2 al80 stage?

For steel tank, a butt plate need to be buy?

somebody have experiance with this bcd and have a similar size then me

any good bcd to suggest to me?

thank

Marc, thank you for your interest in xdeep products and brand.
Stealth 2.0 is truly the most versatile sidemount system that will fit even kid and giant as all its components are separate so can be adjusted in almost limitless range without affecting its core components and part of the system has several options to choose from i.e. short / medium / long spine weight pocket and more.

There is simply no other that will match Stealth in simplicity and versatility.
Please give us a call 201 710 0042 and I will guide you through all the options and answer all your questions or direct you to the authorized xdeep dealer to
try one.

Best regards,
Sebastian J.
TecDiveGear.com

P.S. Below some examples.
Girl (less than 5.5' and 130 lbs) wearing Stealth
Guy (more than 6.6' and 330 lbs) also wearing Stealth

and for humor

a dog wearing Stealth pillow :)

560738_424661694262281_825456329_n.jpg886689_485468594835385_148794669_o.jpg10906272_10153063828977009_2201322256770268319_n.jpg

I dive a Stealth 2.0 too.... I use steel cylinders as i dive dry in the UK coldwaters. I absolutely love it, when i bought mine only the "classic" was available, but now you have the options of the tec version or very soon the new rec version too. (The rec version is the same as the tec, just a smaller bladder size i believe) (somebody please correct me if i'm wrong there?)

I tried the butt plate and very quickly ditched it, it's more awkward to use, less comfortable and adds nothing of value in my (limited) experience. I use standard metal low profile D rings which i've added, right up next to the square D rins and find my steel cylinders trim out very nicely, i have changed the loop bungee for 8mm instead of the 6mm provided, just because it's easier to use when wearing the Drysuit.

If i were buying now, with the availablility of the new Tec Wing, i'd buy a setup with that included now, mainly because i like the moveable LPI and OPV and that it's fixed to the harness. It's too expensive as a standalone wing to be worthwhile me changing from my classic wing! I regularly dive with a single stage (Ali80) and it's never been close to being maxed out, given that stages/deco (Ali80's) are almost neutral from very early on in their use, i'd have no problem stacking another couple if my dives needed them.

In my (not so) expert opinion, i'd say you'll have no problems with a Stealth, if you like the design, it will work wonderfully for you, probably better than many others because it is just SO adjustable!

If the price is similar, go with the tec wing.... if the price difference is bigger than you're happy with, you'll still be very happy with the Classic i'm sure, i know i am!

Best Regards, let us all know what you go for and how you get on with it in the end???? :D

i bought the xdeep steal 2.
Bcd connector don't come with te xdeep.

i would like to know the lenght of the bcd hose i need to buy?

no one can answer that but you. Time to get the tape measure out and measure. Easiest way I've found is to take w low pressure hose longer than you need, put it in the port on the reg you want, then run it to the connection. Mark, measure, and order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom