Is there an easier way to get your wet suit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess after I use the bag trick for the feet/lower leg, the hands and part of the arms I can use the baby powder to help in the other areas.

put the baby powder down each pant leg, then enter suit.

I use a dive skin for my 7mm and it has helped a lot. The hardest is the second dive when the suit and your skin is wet. The skin makes it easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The socks that were mentioned work great for me. Of course you have your buddy to lend a hand too. You help them and they help you.

Trade in the 7 mil for a dry suit . . . :)

Seriously, my husband uses dilute hair conditioner. Got the tip from the owner of a dive shop in Belize, who was diving with us somewhere I don't remember.

Suit Slide Wetsuit Lubricant | MAKO Spearguns

MSUITSLIDE-2.jpg

Get a custom fit suit with lots of zippers. It makes a WORLD of difference!

The easiest wetsuits to get into are the skin-in type that get lubed up with a hair conditioner/water mixture, about 25% conditioner by volume.
The suit will slide right on, and be soooo comfortable and liberating, warm too! No swim suit, just bare body against suit - commando style....nobody needs to know your secret. Then later your skin is soft and your suit smells good since with skin-in suits there is no place for moisture to sit and putrify. They dry right out and never stink.
I actually find nylon lined suits to be a little more difficult to don since sweat against dry neoprene is like a disc brake, It really doesn't want to slide.
I just tug and pull and work the thing on.
Using suit lube on nylon lined suits doesn't work as well as lube on slick skin suits.

Back
Top Bottom